Lavender fields

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavender fields

Thought I'd share my pics from the lavender fields, near hitchin. It's really worth a visit and u get to cut some to bring home. Has to be one of my favourite places. Very peaceful and u can get tea and cake!
    Attached Files
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Beautiful photos, lavender is one of my favourites, love it.
    DottyR

Comment

Beautiful. Who needs Provence?
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Absolutely stunning photos - thank you Wish I lived nearer

Comment

Thanks, it's just crying out to be photographed. It's not all out yet, so will be going for a few more visits. I'm on a mission to take pics of bees, it's the place to go for that!
          Last edited by lettucegrow!; 15-07-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Sounds terrifying!

That may be because I'm allergic to lavender If it wasn't for that it would sound lovely!

Comment

Never heard of anyone being allergic to lavender. What happens? This would be your worst nightmare !

Comment

wow! beautiful. Funny as I used to hate the smell of lavender until I grew my own, now I love it............

is it because I'm an old bird now?

Comment

Ha ha, I've been thinking about this minskey. My colleague keeps saying lavender is for old ladies but I've been going through a change in flower choice and wondering if its age related? Quite fancy a rose bush in the garden now, and last year I wouldn't have considered it.

Comment

I'm not allergic to it but in smelly form, aromatheray type smelly, it gives me asthma.
                    I don't like the smell anyway, but the bees like it so i grow it

Comment

Fantastic pictures, we have lavender fields up the road near Hunstanton. Mite go for a nice walk there at the weekend now after seeing your amazing pics
                      The Masons...AKA...Layla & Mark.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.......

Comment

For those up north .
                        Anyone visited Yorkshire Lavender

Castle Howard is in the vicinity and worth a trip too

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                          Never heard of anyone being allergic to lavender. What happens? This would be your worst nightmare !
                          I first discovered it when I was cleaning up a bottle of lavender essential oil which someone shattered in my shop. I came out in big red raised rash over both my arms that itched like crazy. I remembered I used to add a couple of drops to a bath and would slightly itch when I came out but I thought that was the hot water.

I wanted a lavender bush in my garden so whilst looking at one with my mum I shoved my arm into it. Slight pinking and itching but nothing terrible.

Comment

Poor thing but I suppose it's fairly easy to avoid. I always thought lavender was the one oil that did not irritate skin but suppose allergies is different.

Comment

Wow! Really lovely photographs! What a stunning place, might have to plan a visit. : )
                              http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X