Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So proud right now

Sorry guys the postie has just been and to my surprise we received this

More info blah blah blah..,,, long story short my 6 year old daughter is getting her poem about a butterfly published in a book!

So proud right now
    Attached Files
    Last edited by darcyvuqua; 05-07-2013, 11:07 AM.
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Aaaaw! I'm not surprised you're so proud! That's awesome!
    http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Congrats to the proud father

Comment

No wonder you're proud that's a good achievement, pass on my congrats to your daughter Darcy
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Congrats, any chance of of a sneak preview?

Comment

Come on dude, don't keep us waiting publish the poem on here too.

Who was the driving force, behind getting it published?, my daughter is big time into writing stories at the moment after her school had a visit from 'Anna Wilson'. I think its really good to get your kids into reading and writing from an early age, the ability to read well broadens their minds on so many other subjects.

Congrats to Alarna.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
              Come on dude, don't keep us waiting publish the poem on here too.

Who was the driving force, behind getting it published?, my daughter is big time into writing stories at the moment after her school had a visit from 'Anna Wilson'. I think its really good to get your kids into reading and writing from an early age, the ability to read well broadens their minds on so many other subjects.

Congrats to Alarna.
              It was run by the school in our county 2 people from this school will have there's published my girl being one of them!

I have no idea what the poem is but they have sent a order form with the certificate so I'm assuming they are using that as the driving for force behind the sales pitch

Comment

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

How fab is that!

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                    I have no idea what the poem is but they have sent a order form with the certificate so I'm assuming they are using that as the driving for force behind the sales pitch
                    'fraid so. Although when I looked on their web site they were v keen to stress that poems were included on merit and not as means for selling the anthologies.

Whatever, as one of only two in her school to be included, your daughter has a right to feel proud of herself.

Comment

Thanks guys she will be home from school soon she will be over the moon

Comment

Brilliant - many congrats
                        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Well done to her!!
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's just a scam for you to buy the book...

Really cross with school - Young Writers (full thread) | Mumsnet Discussion

Jill Papworth on the childrens' writing competition that looks like a money-making exercise | Money | The Guardian

Isn't giving your details to a third party a breach of the Data Protection Act...
                            Last edited by zazen999; 05-07-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's just a scam for you to buy the book...

Really cross with school - Young Writers (full thread) | Mumsnet Discussion

Jill Papworth on the childrens' writing competition that looks like a money-making exercise | Money | The Guardian

Isn't giving your details to a third party a breach of the Data Protection Act...
                              Wow this is really bad I will be speaking to the school on Monday!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X