This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
    Thank you, that's another one I know now!
    Here are, memorise these and you'll be well away!

The Largest List of Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) and Internet Acronyms Found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gina's plot View Post
      Lost my veg seed tin with everything in it. Had the house upside down twice looking for it and the Lottie and the greenhouse, plus I haven't got a record of what was in the said tin. Arhhhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
      i can help you here, and this applies to anything lost. Go and buy some more (the more you spend the better this works) No sooner will you have bought new than the lost ones will pop up as if by magic!
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Don't play rugby in the rain wearing brand new white boxers under your rugby shorts and expect them to miraculously become white after being washed. Mud doesn't come out that easily!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
          i can help you here, and this applies to anything lost. Go and buy some more (the more you spend the better this works) No sooner will you have bought new than the lost ones will pop up as if by magic!
          Ha ha looking through the seeds catalogues now. Wish I had catalogued my seeds

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Horse riders, if you must ride two-abreast, which I appreciate, at times, you must, at least have the courtesy, firstly, to acknowledge the traffic waiting behind you, and secondly, have the decency to let me know when the road ahead is clear, as I can't see round the corner past you.

Thirdly, when I have crawled past you and your horses, at a safe distance - remember, I'm a rider, myself - at least have the ruddy manners to thank me. Ignorant C*w!

Had it been safe to pull over, and had you not had children with you, I'd have stopped and given you the benefit of my wrath (sadly, I did feel it appropriate to give her the standard HarveySmith/Princess Anne salute).

No wonder people hate horse riders on the roads, some of them are just ruddy ignorant.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Horse riders, if you must ride two-abreast, which I appreciate, at times, you must, at least have the courtesy, firstly, to acknowledge the traffic waiting behind you, and secondly, have the decency to let me know when the road ahead is clear, as I can't see round the corner past you.

Thirdly, when I have crawled past you and your horses, at a safe distance - remember, I'm a rider, myself - at least have the ruddy manners to thank me. Ignorant C*w!

Had it been safe to pull over, and had you not had children with you, I'd have stopped and given you the benefit of my wrath (sadly, I did feel it appropriate to give her the standard HarveySmith/Princess Anne salute).

No wonder people hate horse riders on the roads, some of them are just ruddy ignorant.
              We used to get the Warwickshire hunt riding over our farm, Each year they sent their most attractive female members to persuade him to allow them for the next season, he was butter in their hands and always agreed a bottle of scotch also helped. When he passed away I got no such visits, i did get a phone call to say they would be coming on such and such a day. Several times i specificaly asked them to avoid certain fields that had pregnant ewes in it, They always rode straight through them. I became very angry at the arrogance of all this, it was my land and they had little do with farming as such, most of them were shop keepers or butchers. They smashed my fences and didnt repair them, looked down their noses as they rode past etc. So I banned em.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                We used to get the Warwickshire hunt riding over our farm, Each year they sent their most attractive female members to persuade him to allow them for the next season, he was butter in their hands and always agreed a bottle of scotch also helped. When he passed away I got no such visits, i did get a phone call to say they would be coming on such and such a day. Several times i specificaly asked them to avoid certain fields that had pregnant ewes in it, They always rode straight through them. I became very angry at the arrogance of all this, it was my land and they had little do with farming as such, most of them were shop keepers or butchers. They smashed my fences and didnt repair them, looked down their noses as they rode past etc. So I banned em.
                Good for you Bill - I always thought they were the unspeakable chasing after the uneatable.
                My rant - the toffee nosed toffs who have no idea how the world really works.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Get them quite a lot round this area and they are always most grateful for being given a bit of space and give you a smile and a wave as you drive past - also get them up the allotment coming off the bridle paths and the girls are always pleasant - the odd grumpy man I ignore
                  Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• The hunt would occasionaly bring celebrities along to make the farmers feel special. One year they brought Jimmy Edwards the comedian (Spose no one remebers him) Big handlebar moustache and all dressed in hunting pink, As he was introduced to us he held his hand out to shake ours but was so drunk he just sort of slid off his horse into the mud!! i think that was the funniest thing I ever saw him do.
                    Last edited by Bill HH; 14-01-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• [Off Thread - I remember him- used to do the Edwardian Teacher bit ]
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
                        [Off Thread - I remember him- used to do the Edwardian Teacher bit ]
                        I used to love him, the series you mention was Whackho" but he was in St Trinians and lots of other stuff, he used to have a routine with a trombone i remember.

Comment

• Oi you lot...stop chatting on rant thread!

That's my rant for today!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A little rant, rant.
                            DottyR

Comment

• A little rant is a runt
                              My rant..................
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-01-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Not really a rant, but not sure where else to post. Just wondering, a new person caled Mack from Australia, posted earlier today, and I responded, he's now banned, just wondered if it's because he's a scanner, or cos it was Australia, or well I was just wondering. I understand about people selling kitchens and stuff, or people being abusive?
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X