Building shed on a slope

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building shed on a slope

Hi can anyone tell me if it's possible to build a shed on a slope?

Yes, it's possible. I couldn't do it though.

Welcome to the Vine. Someone else will tell you what to do in a bit.
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

It is possible.

Although maybe not on the North Face of The Eiger.

Do you have any photos of the shed site?
      Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Hello issyq and welcome.
        You can build anything on a slope - provided you level off the footings for it. A few more details would be helpful

Comment

Hello & welcome

Normal method is to find the mid point & dig the soil from the high side & place it on the low side,the sides on the high side will need shoring to prevent collapse
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Ere yer go .......

Something like that
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

My shed on a 1 in 6 slope was simple but only because I used old railway sleepers as bearers. I levelled the first sleeper using old bricks and slates under the low end and then took my levels for the other sleeper off the first one once again using bricks and old slates. Seasy

I also built a greenhouse on that slope with posts at each end and bearers fixed on top lengthways and also across the bredth(spelling looks wrong). I then fixed decking boards from the top down to ground level to give the structure stability.

Edit note.

I'm a muppet. It looks wrong cos it is wrong. Breadth, now that looks better
              Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 20-06-2013, 10:26 PM. Reason: see edit note

Comment

Originally posted by issyq View Post
                Hi can anyone tell me if it's possible to build a shed on a slope?

I had to include that one, if only for the name

People have been building structures on slopes since hills were invented. It's not something we have to worry about much in Norfolk though

How to Make Foundations on a Slope for a Shed | eHow
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-06-2013, 07:24 AM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Are you making the shed from scratch or are you using a standard shed?

If you are using a standard shed then BB's example is the right way to go, if you are making it yourself then I would say use the contours to your advantage, follow the lie of the land and have some tiered beds inside. Hammer some 3 x 3 timber into the ground and use feather edged board to enclosed the frame. Some glazing/polycarb sheeting on one side, double use.

No one said a shed couldn't also be a greenhouse.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X