No announcement yet.

Warning to new GYOs'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

......thinking people are 'odd' if they don't keep chickens! Having 'weeding fingers' that always have a green tinge...........
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

........and dirt under your nails................

Comment

Oh the dirt under your nails!

How about selling your possessions at a car boot just to be able to buy more seeds, compost and plant pots.

Comment

Wall planner. Fab idea... Definitely going up in the utility room next year. Almost glad OH will be working the weeks in Edinburgh from September; means I can sneak this stuff in before he realises :-)

Comment

And people keep giving tree seedlings because they know that you are trying to create wind breaks round your garden. Which means you have buy more pots and polybags, and go get some more green waste and top soil. Then you have to create a sheltered area to store them in the pots until they are big enough to survive in the gale force winds. All because they don't want to kill those tree seedlings in the first place.

It is nice that they think about us though

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Never passing a skip without having a look in because you never know when you're going to need that bit of wood or netting.
              Ha ha....that made me laugh. I pulled a roll of rather bent netting from a skip yesterday. (With permission) NO idea what I'll use it for.

Comment

Then suddenly you feel the need to do things with your surplus produce - jams, chutneys, pickles, sauces! I wonder, could I knit my own yogurt? It's a slippery slope.

Comment

Driving around the countryside looking at big houses and thinking about how you would have a small holding if you could afford a big enough place.
                  Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TASallotment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X