No announcement yet.

What would you do?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its very difficult to advise on this one.

Yes the incident should be reported to the police and under normal circumstances that is what anyone would do.

But and its a BIG BUT. With reference to your #8. I think I understand what you are trying to say.

I live less than a mile form a notorious Nottingham estate and there a so called 'grass' would have their house burnt down.

Some on the forum would think that would be an exaggeration but I can assure you it is not.

I would wait and discuss it with my OH before taking any firm decisions.

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I think zaz has the best answer here if your happy to live with the dog attacking a child then don't worry but regardless who of what bit who or what, there's an underplaying problem how far does it have to go I mean this should surely be a case of enough is enough and if a dangerous dog attacked my child and my dog then I would contact the police friends/street bullies/yobs would not matter to me!

Sorry to sound blunt but I think you know deep down what your going to do.

Whatever it is good luck
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

I would try and speak to a CPSO if you have a local one, or an ordinary community PC. I can totally understand your worry, as we have similar at the end of the street. If you can speak to someone and explain your worries, they might be able to see a way through this that doesn't involve you or your boy being dragged into court anor known at all. Perhaps if there's a chance of illegal dog-fighting there they'll do surveillance and get them for that instead? Speaking to someone who understands the local situation will help you more than we can I think.
        I'm positive that you must be in need of a ((((hug)))) or two though, so I'm sending a virtual one x Hope you get some resolution x

Comment

If you go to the hospital and report a dog attack for treatment won't it automatically trigger some police involvement?

Comment

Report it to the dog warden at LEAST, it'll go down on file against the dog anyway.

Me? I'd report it to the police if it was my child that was bitten.

Comment

Somebody (not me) called the RSPCA - there are no dogs there... Watch this space... My husband went to see them (twice) no one in (twice)
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Sounds like they may have been expecting to be reported.

Comment

How is your son Ancee?

Comment

What a horrible situation for you and yours ancee Having lived somewhere 'volatile' in the past I totally get why you might not wish to 'make a fuss' I hope you can find a resolution.
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

He's a bit stiff today Rusty Lady. We cleaned him up last night and lotioned him. He's up to date with his tetanus. He was angry and shocked more than anything, he also felt helpless, but who wouldn't? Bob, has more bites than we realised, but nothing that won't heal on it's own, he too was cleaned and lotioned. The police are aware of the dogs and the owners, nothing was done when they were taken to court last time. You'd have thought they would have come out and checked - but no. My husband went and looked at where they are being kept, the gate has a lift latch - that's it! So the little dog jumps at the gate it springs open and the dogs run out. There is no way they can be kept in. No locks/bolts/bars. It's ridiculous - and this is after the furore of last years court result.

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Maybe take some photos of your sons wounds, just in case and keep a note of who witnessed it. I think I'd report it, if I felt there was a chance that it would attack again, then I'd know I'd done my bit if something happened. Do you think the RSPC took the dogs away, sounds like they are a bit neglected too. Does the owner even know about the attack?
                        http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                          My husband went and looked at where they are being kept, the gate has a lift latch - that's it! So the little dog jumps at the gate it springs open and the dogs run out. There is no way they can be kept in. No locks/bolts/bars. It's ridiculous - and this is after the furore of last years court result.
                          I know you must be furious with them for this ...but how about finding an old bolt lock at a car boot sale and call round to their house and suggest you fit it for them?
                          I think they'd be gobsmacked at your offer and if they've not done it themselves because they can't be arsed/haven't got the money or time it'd be 'no skin off their nose' whether you did it or not...so they may accept your kind offer
                          Whether they use it or not may be a different matter- but it has a potential.
                          A kindness may not come their way very often.

It doesn't lessen what has happened but may be worth turning up with a bolt in hand and a screwdriver ( non- threatening type!) ??
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The RSPCA weren't called by me. The dog that bit my son, it is rumoured has been sent to the owners sisters. The owner knows about the attack. My OH even offered to train the dogs - they've not taken him up on the offer, but if the dogs return it remains to be seen...

Comment

All sounds very unsatisfactory! And potentially unsafe. I think I'd take the dog to the vet and the kid to the Dr's just to get the bites noted. You might need some evidence. It is just possible that the owners may say your dog attacked theirs if push comes to shove.

Certainly I would be keeping my dog under observation and making sure they didn't pick up any 'tidbits' thrown over the fence in the next few months. Just because they are in the wrong won't stop them wanting to cause harm.
                              Hugs from here as well.
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X