No announcement yet.

Help - wall of fence?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...oh and why not build a decking style gap filler, VC? I guess it'd be 2/3 planks wide? Are they fixing it for you, or leaving you to do it?

Comment

Progress report! The builders will take down the wall and next door's fence will go up. He suggested a 2-3 foot high wall with flower bed in front and maybe trellis on the top.
      I'm responsible for it Chris as its my land - but the boundary fence is theirs.
      Tomorrow they'll bring round 2 more pallet crates

Comment

What do you intend doing with the pallets VC, or is that another thread.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

But surely the wall would have go go down in the gap? - that's quite of high depth to back fill, espeically if they're taking most of the stuff for their hardcore?

Comment

I'd assume they are just knocking it down to the level of the slab?
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
              What do you intend doing with the pallets VC, or is that another thread.
              Here are 2 I prepared earlier http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1136410
              Its 2 more like that but slightly taller and one has a solid base.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                But surely the wall would have go go down in the gap? - that's quite of high depth to back fill, espeically if they're taking most of the stuff for their hardcore?
                Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                I'd assume they are just knocking it down to the level of the slab?
                Its just the screen walling that's going, there are a few courses of brickwork below that, that may go, depending on what the plan is - but the main wall, under the slab is OK.

Comment

I might be misunderstanding, wikll there be a gap from the edge of your patio to the fence? - that you could fall down (or your dogs), or are you on about increasing the height of the fence they put up with a trellis or similar?

I was thinking it was like in the attached picture I just drew? (terrible drawing btw, dodgy mouse ).
                  Attached Files

Comment

It is like your drawing - all wobbly!
                    Lets start at the beginning children, are you sitting comfortably
                    The screen blocks are coming down but need to be replaced with something to stop anyone getting as far as the gap. The actual gap doesn't matter, it will remain as a gap So its a replacement for the screen wall that's needed, don't worry about what's under it

Comment

So will the fence be right up against the "wall" of your patio? If so, the yeah, I'd go with the bed idea, and then stick a trellis at the back Flowers in the front, corn at the rear?

Comment

NO, there will be a GAP between their fence and my wall

Comment

Can't resist

Mind the gap !!!
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay... so how would you fill it? (or is that what you're asking? )

I'd drill a batten across the "wall" side now, before the fence goes up, then screw another the same hieght into the fence posts - and lay planks across or something similar.

Unless you don't want to fill it and just put an obstacle in the way of it?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              It is like your drawing - all wobbly!
                              Lets start at the beginning children, are you sitting comfortably
                              The screen blocks are coming down but need to be replaced with something to stop anyone getting as far as the gap. The actual gap doesn't matter, it will remain as a gap So its a replacement for the screen wall that's needed, don't worry about what's under it
                              Ok so what are actually asking ???
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

The easy answer, VC, is to sell them the strip of land that would have become the gap if the fence was erected on the current boundary. Move the boundary to the edge of the raised concrete base.

Then, get a couple of nice woven willow panels...
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X