(Yesterday) .. London, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh,Isle of Man & Cork

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Yesterday) .. London, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh,Isle of Man & Cork

Soz late notice,but anyone in or near these places there is to be a March Against Monsanto as part of a one day global protest ...........

Further info ....... March Against Monsanto planned for UK cities - 5/23/2013 - Farmers Weekly

Even if you cannot attend,you can protest by liking the Facebbok page .........

http://www.facebook.com/MarchAgainstMonstanto?fref=ts
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Seems they are planned in Torquay and Nottingham as well ..........

Occupy Monsanto: UK Campaigners set to Target Genetically Modified Food - IBTimes UK

Dunno if a Mod can add that into the title ??????

Comment

One thousand folks marched in Oz.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        One thousand folks marched in Oz.
        Does that mean that the remainder of the rest of the Australian population, somewhere around 18 million, are happy with Monsanto and have no problems?

It is not what you intended to get across but mathematically one thousand in a population of 18 million is insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
          Does that mean that the remainder of the rest of the Australian population, somewhere around 18 million, are happy with Monsanto and have no problems?

It is not what you intended to get across but mathematically one thousand in a population of 18 million is insignificant.
          That may be the case, Kirk, but what we need to do is spread the word, and EDUCATE THEM!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Have you programmed the size of Australia into your calculations? A country that takes 2 days to drive across. They're probably still marching to the protest

Comment

Sooooooooo did anyone from here actually bother to go ????????????

Comment

I was stating fact! Have a back
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                  Sooooooooo did anyone from here actually bother to go ????????????
                  Not me BB - I would have liked to, but I am pressed for time at the moment.

Comment

I couldn't make it but the pics on facebook seem to show a fair turn out in bristol. Unfortunately it's been overshadowed today by an EDL march which has had the riot police out in force

Comment

Millions march against GM crops | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Article on yesterday's march.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Have you programmed the size of Australia into your calculations? A country that takes 2 days to drive across. They're probably still marching to the protest
                        Perth to Melbourne is 2500 miles and that's not even all the way across .... I think anything over 900 miles a day is too much...
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Maybe its 2 days to cross the Nullarbor Plain? Put it down to my old age and failing memory (not that I ever drove across Oz )

Comment

Given the should have a vested interest in this subject,I wonder if the staff from the soil association & grow organic went on mass.I been looking but cannot yet find anything about turnout at UK events

Comment

Didn't hear about it till I saw a couple of posts on here, which wouldn't load on my computer. Then someone from UK posted a pic on fb, which I shared. Lady down the road went online to look for some media on it..........closest mention she could find was NZ!

Bit of a media blackout I'd say! I don't have tv, so do miss some things. But I'd say it's like most things, if the media has an interest in keeping it quiet then it will.

Lots in oz are not happy with this stuff. Lots are, of course, but hard to get to major cities, and those in cities have little interest = they might buy their veg organic, but they don't care so much about the ways that they are organic.

Apparently they had some mention in a local rag on the coast during the week, but no idea what happened. Living in a rural community I'm guessing we'd be more likely to hear of a TG for Monsanto Day than otherwise we could combine it with a 1080 Bait day. Ooops, I should hush my mouth now
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X