Could this be the beginning of the end

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the beginning of the end

of GMO by Monsanto ............. ?Monsanto Protection Act? might be repealed in Senate ? RT USA
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Let's hope. Just a great pity that they've ruined so much in nature already.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I have nothing against progress but the human race has a long history of messing with things it doesn't fully understand, seems we are hopeless when it comes to risk assessment.
      We found the sea route to India and the far east, and in pursuit of wealth we couldn't get there fast enough but along with spices the ships brought back rats and the black death.
      The problem with ignorance is - you don't know what you don't know.
      Lead in petrol, CFC's and so many other things seemed like a good idea at the time, and made some people very rich. Bees and other pollinators are dying and it's a fairly safe bet that human activities are to blame, but we carry on because someone is making money even though the world at large will suffer the consequences. Would it not make more sense to ban the apparent probable cause and do more research rather than carry on using them while doing the same research? Means someone's going to lose money.
      Only time will tell whether GM is such a good idea, but, if we got it wrong again the down side is not going to be pretty. And the indications are that GMO have some unforseen side effects - why am I not surprised about that?
      "...Very dark, is the other side, very dark."

"Shut up, Yoda. Just eat your toast."

Comment

I can't help thinking that almost everything we people do is just wrong. We can't seem to live on this amazingly beautiful planet without messing things up and polluting, ruining and killing everything.

And on that cheerful thought I'm off to bed!

Nighty night everyone.
        The best things in life are not things.

Comment

That link won't load for me. I'll try again later. I'm probably going to be in favour of anything that stops monopolies and chemicals tho. But I wouldn't get excited about it, until they actually do something, not just talk about it.
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X