Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allotment. Banjo or no banjo. You decide.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet!:-)

Comment

I'm not keen on noise on the plot, I like hearing the rustle of the wind, the birds in the trees and thats about it.

Noises I don't like to hear on the allotment rotivators, cars, other allotment holders.

When on the plot I'm antisocial I get such little time there the last thing I want to interrupt my chill zone is the rest of the world....

I've been thinking about building a 6ft wall around my plot with a solid gate...
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Cool video Toby...great duet..
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

It would be a big no from me. I've encouraged my kids to play instruments, drums, piano, clarinet, electric guitar and the banjo! They need to practise and those tunes go round and round in my head - the garden is my sanctuary and a place where I can unwind and enjoy the birdsong.

Comment

Originally posted by toby6668 View Post
              Not sure about the idea of peace and quiet...there's always someone mowing, strimming or rotivating. :-).
              Ironic, isn't it? My neighbour yells at me if I put my twig kettle on for a brew (it smokes a bit as the twigs burn) then she strikes up a BBQ !

I play radio 4 to my veggies, but it's turned down so low that nobody else can hear it. Or if I really don't want to talk to anyone else (if I'm in a hurry,say) then I put headphones in.

Why don't you take your banjo to the town centre, or a park, for your practise? Put a hat on the ground, and get paid for it?
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                I play radio 4 to my veggies, but it's turned down so low that nobody else can hear it.
                I think the radio isn't as bad as someone practising an instrument. They often play the same bars over and over again The repetitive playing really gets under your skin!

Comment

Nic says 'no way' as there are always neighbour about.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I think the radio isn't as bad as someone practising an instrument.
                    I started taking the radio up to drown out someone's teenage son who was doing drum practise all day, every day in the houses near by. No, he couldn't play, but I think that was the point: to annoy everyone. All the windows were open for maximum effect.
                    He didn't have a job or a training course to be on, so he stayed indoors and bashed something, very hard !
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I get what many people are saying above about peace and quiet but if I was treated to free recital of excellent music - as in the video - I'd be thrilled! You're very good Toby.
                      I was feeling part of the scenery
                      I walked right out of the machinery
                      My heart going boom boom boom
                      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                      I've come to take you home."

Comment

The beatles put it better than I could... The Beatles "Please Don't Bring Your Banjo Back" - YouTube
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Fab video, great music, but maybe only at the allotment for open days

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                            The beatles put it better than I could... The Beatles "Please Don't Bring Your Banjo Back" - YouTube
                            Sounds more like The Goon Show

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X