No announcement yet.

New Music

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For something different, try Sigur Ros..............
    Also Arcade Fire, Manic Street Preachers, Vampire Weekend..just a few..
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

We have Harry Potter (have heard tell that Stephen Fry voiced 147 characters for those tapes) and we have Terry Pratchett unabridged ex-library tapes) and I have cds for my French, Italian and Dutch.

I'm waiting for the new compilation and cds and I've been trying to tune my naff radio into 6 music - then I realised the workroom radio is too old to get digital stations (duhhhh) so I'll need to take my 'puter upstairs.

Not going to get any sewing & listening done for the next week though - the APs arrive today. (I need to go hide all my new fabrics from Ma before she half inches them)
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I'd go along with all the 6 Music recommendations too (apart from Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone). I've converted Neet - she loves it, especially Craig Charles' Funk & Soul Show. We have a cheap little DAB in the kitchen that we almost always have on.

Failing that - try something like Bloom or Spotify.

I tend to still buy CDs, but buy them "new & used" from Amazon. Silly cheap in some cases if you want stuff that's not particularly current. Cheap enough to try "new" music, and donate the CDs to charity if you don't like 'em.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

The cds that have just arrived were two double cds and one triple - just under £12. Free delivery too, with Prime.

Just have to stop everyone else from 'borrowing' them. Some of my favourite cds are just empty boxes now and - this is very odd - nobody knows anything about them. Danged faeries.....
          Jules

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
            ... have to stop everyone else from 'borrowing' them. Some of my favourite cds are just empty boxes now and - this is very odd - nobody knows anything about them. Danged faeries.....
            Oh, don't I know that one! I wouldn't mind, but there's only two of us here, so there's no point telling me it wasn't you! Pretty sure they were left in the CD player of his last motor, but he says not.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Nowt wrong with having some sounds in the car. I have a small crate thing with around 5 odd CDs in my footwell behind the passenger seat...

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Oh, don't I know that one! I wouldn't mind, but there's only two of us here, so there's no point telling me it wasn't you! Pretty sure they were left in the CD player of his last motor, but he says not.
              Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

My pod contents is like marm*te. Case of like it or lump it in my classroom or on the plot. Apart from lots of Maroon5-not apologising-I also have on there movie themes. My latest acquisition was The planets. Also have James Bond themes.
                Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

I love Holst's Planets HH. And the music from the tv astronomy series The Cosmos, with the late Carl Sagan.

Couple of my favourite tv themes are Van der Valk (that's an old one) and Hawaii Five O - the original tv series.

I have a 'thing' about 'Don't Leave Me This Way' by the Communards at present.

The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way - YouTube
                  Jules

Comment

Originally posted by out in the cold View Post
                    Nowt wrong with having some sounds in the car. I have a small crate thing with around 5 odd CDs in my footwell behind the passenger seat...
                    I agree, Jules. But the Pillock should've taken them out when he sold the ruddy thing!!!

Comment

Finding radio 2 is getting worse like soundcloud you can save music and pod casts to
                      Your smart phone and listen off line

Find internet radio refreshing , better than the british brainwashing corporation playing the same stuff over and over again
                      Aupeo.com learns your music taste takes a while due to the PPL regs in the UK
                      Plays alot of new music you wouldn't normally come across.

Also like birdsong radio.com
                      It plays ! I have on my alarm in the morning nice to wake up to
                      Hate it when someone speaks about once an hour makes me jump.

Gogoyoko.com Icelandic music some good some strange try soley

Soundcloud.com try closer by always the unprofessional

Last fm .com ok

Comment

The thing I really hate about Radio2 is they have a 'regulars' list, and you hear them several times a day, so if there's a song on there that you don't like, it drives ya potty!

Comment

I've not listened to Radio One for twenty years, and I stopped listening to Radio 2 when Tel retired. I can't take Chris Evans first thing.
                          Jules

Comment

I really don't listen to music. My friends cannot fathom that, they thinks I'm lying. My OH loves music, he saw Public Enemy last night. I sat at home on the laptop going through gardening photos

I've never really listened to albums (or the modern equivalent, the playlist). I prefer talky radio, like 4. I find all kinds of interesting stuff out that I didn't know before.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

[QUOTE=Two_Sheds;1121609My OH loves music, he saw Public Enemy last night. [/QUOTE]

I would have gone with him

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                The thing I really hate about Radio2 is they have a 'regulars' list, and you hear them several times a day, so if there's a song on there that you don't like, it drives ya potty!
                                I used to like that Gotye song but R2 played it so much it get on my nerves now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X