The Eden Project

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    Did you get given the map & compass at Heligan G4 ?
    No, but we had CAAAAAKE!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

So did we. We did Eden and then Heligan, in the pouring rain both days and Heligan knocked the socks off Eden.

Comment

I've been a couple of times, whilst down that way. Heligan is lovely though. Rosemoor is that way too, if you fancy the drive there.

Comment

Cheers all We've got a 2 for 1 voucher for Eden already, otherwise it would be way out of budget! Sounds as though we'll definitely need to find time to go to Heligan as well.

Comment

Have fun
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Yes, yes yes to Heligan - again been several times. Quieter in the torrential rain!
              This thread makes me miss living in Devon
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

We went on the first weekend in March. Cold but dry and sunny (ten years ago). Hardly anyone at either place at the time. Was fab. Would love to see both in full flush, but really couldn't be arrised with the crowds.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

even better as you have a voucher! The price is a disgrace. I bet lots of people would love to go, but simply can not afford it. Oh, but I have been! And expected a lot more for the money!
                  Last edited by chilli_grower; 23-04-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

We went in September last year and I thought it was fab! We did something with the tickets so that we can get in for free for a whole year...we're planning on going back (for free!) before this September!

Comment

We went to Eden last year. It was great but shockingly expensive for a family of six, even though we had vouchers and took our own packed lunch and drinks! I'd say it's a fab experience but a one off. Now I've seen it, I feel no need to go back. Heligan on the other hand, I would go back again and again and again.
                      I was feeling part of the scenery
                      I walked right out of the machinery
                      My heart going boom boom boom
                      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                      I've come to take you home."

Comment

We've done both Heligan and Eden. I'd choose Heligan over Eden every time.

Last time we were in Cornwall (2011) we missed out on Heligan because of a puncture, so we didn't get to see the progress made since our last visit in 2006. We were both a bit gutted.

We enjoyed Eden but found the restaurant expensive and confusing. Another niggle was that we thought that Eden had left it's original purpose and become commercial and condescending - but that's maybe just us.

Heligan - I just love it. It just 'speaks' to you.
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Only been to the Eden project and would recommend it, particularly if you haven't been before, there is quite a bit outdoors so a dry day would be better. It is a bit expensive to get in however on the plus side parking was free and considering they have a captive audience I didn't think the cafe was to expensive. It works on a semi self service basis so you can top up on the freebies. I can particular recommend the cream tea as you could help yourself to as much clotted cream as you liked

Comment

Sounds fab, especially the cream teas do they have winches to lift you up after too many scones?

Comment

I have been to Eden and its an awful long away for me! I really enjoyed it but the restaurant was mayhem and expensive. Struggled to get something for my 8yo at the time to eat at all. I would go back though!

Comment

Do take a bottle of water for each person,as you will need to drink after the tropical & cactus houses
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X