No announcement yet.

l'm going to squeeze past.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pal that got done for speeding on a skateboard, so I would imagine being drunk in charge of a vehicle applies to a scooter too.

Also have another mate that was charged for being drunk in charge when he was washing his car in his driveway and having a few tinnies on a hot afternoon. Thankfully the Procurator Fiscal saw sense and decided it wasn't in the public interest to proceed with the case!
    Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Originally posted by out in the cold View Post
      Also have another mate that was charged for being drunk in charge when he was washing his car in his driveway and having a few tinnies on a hot afternoon. Thankfully the Procurator Fiscal saw sense and decided it wasn't in the public interest to proceed with the case!
      Do send any under-employed traffic enforcement wallahs down to me, OITC - I'd be more than happy to point them out to the darling mums who park on the double yellows down our road to drop the nippers off to nursery .....

Darn - I've gone all blood-pressure-raising-ranty now!

Comment

If the chap had had the keys in the ignition, then the police would have assumed that he intended to drive it whilst under the influence. They're good like that.

Another thing with invalid carriages is that, should you drive your carriage on the pavement, the pedestrian always has the right of way. In this case it means that the guy should have taken his (by the sounds of it, Class 3) carriage onto the road in order to get past the stricken lady.

I hope she's making a good recovery, btw, but sounds like it's going to take time. Poor lady.
        Last edited by julesapple; 13-04-2013, 10:56 AM.
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Your poor nieghbour, she will be much more anxious about going out now, even if she' gets back home.

There's no excuse for the bad manners of some people. People complain about 'young people', but frankly some 'old people' and 'middle aged people' are just plain selfish!
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Report this incident to the police giving details of any others present as well,the mobility scooter rider can have his insurance claimed against for the cost of the shoes & any personal injury that may have resulted because of his actions,it will also go on his record there was a particularly inconsiderate mobility user around here,after enough complaints she was banned from ever driving another.
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Update
              she's been taken into care to recover

Comment

Poor thing. Hope she gets over it.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Poor old girl. Hope she gets well, soon.

Comment

I do hope someone reported the idiot with the mobility scooter. OK, he didn't cause the accident but he certainly made things worse.

Comment

Thing is, he was probably horrible when he was young too, so he's just grown old exactly as he was when he was young. Not all old people are horrible, I've met some lovely ones! Crotchety, grumpy, selfish old buggers were crotchety, grumpy, selfish young ones once. At least I know i'll be a lovely old woman as I'm lovely 'young' one now! hahahaha - (modesty always been my strong point )
                      You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X