No announcement yet.

Label label label!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic milk bottles, then run out of them so pop bottles... Cd marker pens ...
    Will be doomed if the birds decide to put thm out

Comment

Wilko Labels. Decided to use marker pen rather than supplied pencil. Beautifully written, load of detail date planted, genus, no of seeds per square millimeter. Well proud of myself.

2 days later with nothing growing I misted the surface of said tray with the spray bottle... ...Marker pen wasn't permenant ... arggghhh!

Now I have sorted everything except - Leeks and Spring Onions... ...howz I gonna tell the difference before they are big?

Re-did the labels with Brother Electronic Labelling Thing (like a modern dymo).

Comment

I am pretty certain I bought wilko labels in the sale but haven't been able to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
          Plastic milk bottles... Cd marker pens ...
          Same here. Cut about 30 out of each milk bottle.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Leeks = flat leaves, spring onions = round hollow leaves

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
              I am pretty certain I bought wilko labels in the sale but haven't been able to find them.
              That's sooo annoying isn't it? Do you keep going back to the same spot thinking' I'm sure I put them here!'
              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                That's sooo annoying isn't it? Do you keep going back to the same spot thinking' I'm sure I put them here!'
                I do. I was pretty certain they were in my study - I've found the string, the plant ties, the gloves, etc but not the labels... I do go in and move things on the shelves from time to time.

Comment

I've got 30 odd tomato plant and not a clue which is what, I know I have some shirleys, some gardeners delight, golden sunshine, beefsteak, baby plum and some others. But which is what not a scooby.

This is why I'm looking at getting a bigger greenhouse, so I can grow them all on and decide later.

Got my eye on 2, a 16 x 8 ft and a 16 x 6ft, mine's only a 10 x 6 at the mo. Don't tell the missus, she's only just recovering from me taking over the utility with my makeshift propogators.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I have a tray of tomato seedlings, 14 varieties all neatly lined up in pairs.

I didn't label them individually as they were going into a propogator and the lables I use would have kept the lid up too much, so I created a spreadsheet to identify the location of each type.

If I had got around to printing this off it would have been perfcect, but before I had chance the laptop crashed.

All I can do now is look back on my posts on here as I am sure I listed my varieties in the order in which they were sown.

Failing that, i need to geet my laptop fixed and back in working order.

Andy
                    http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

no pen and ink drawings that you converted into a spreadsheet perhaps?
                      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X