Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no stopping me now! Thank you
    The best things in life are not things.

Comment

[QUOTE=julesDo we have any official Nutters in Ireland yet[/QUOTE]
      Yep, I've been here for a while...
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

Verindah I have and memorised. I don't really need much more than that. Just the occasional

Makes me happy? Finding that the worker at the store in Canberra rescued the $80 cash I liberated from my bank account when I was shopping, and forgot to pick up. Thank you, thank you.

A really nice day. Just what the Dr ordered. Or would if I went to them
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          I wasn't - it was directed at Hazel!

You Nutter!
          I know my place.

Comment

<3
            just seeing if the heart one works.
            Lynne x
            That'll be a no then
            Last edited by wizzbang; 16-03-2013, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I've just been to the vet at 2am, and paid out £190 for antibiotics that would cost me £50 at 9am.

What makes me happy though:

- the dog was in respiratory distress, and so was I at that point
              - the vets, unlike GPs, were smiley and cheerful at being pulled out of bed
              - I've been putting money away each month into the dog's account for such emergencies, rather than paying into an Insurance Company which probably wouldn't pay out anyway

I wasn't happy that the "nearly collapse, mom I'm dying" act vanished as soon as the dog saw her favourite vet, and that she dropped a really stinky fart as the injection went in *blush*
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Glad to hear the dog is getting better TS. LOL about that fart. I was holding K's new horse the other day while Le Spot was being ridden, and was nearly overcome by one dropped by Charlie.

What makes me happy? Getting some of the jobs done that were planned, specially ones that make the place look a ittle tidier (I did say little) and some that will make tomorrow easier.
                Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

Hot coffee and our pet insurance does pay out...I have filled out a rescue form.
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

You planning to rescue me VVG? Fangs so much!

Playiing with the horses thru the car window while daughter riding another one. They are so funny, head sideways to get in, play with mum's hair, while the other one tries to break the windscreen wiper...sucked in buddy, when I turned it on!
                    They are so cute tho.
                    Ali

Comment

Do you need rescuing Feral and if so, wouldn't you much rather it was a nice dishy fella?

Isn't it the rugby today? Bet it's raining in Wales Let the rivalry commence...
                      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hmmm I wouldn't mind a dishy fella VVG, but I'd want one that was useful as well.....might as well ask for what you want
                        Ali

Comment

Hearing good news from a fellow grape.

Comment

Happy me again - washing machine repair man gone and two temperature sensors replaced, heating element replaced, drawer replaced, new dash display replaced, cleaned and no charge. Five year warranty covered the lot! Wahoo

Comment

The feeling of utter relief when changing the fuse in the plug makes the freezer work again.., Phew!!

Comment

Three Rugby matches, and a biiiiig stash of pencils!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X