Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT-S5830 -

Insert a memory card into the device.

Using a PC data cable, connect the multifunction jack on your device to a PC.

Open the shortcuts panel.

Select USB connected

Connect storage to PC

OK
    Open the folder to view files.

Copy files from the PC to the memory card.

When you are finished, select

Disconnect storage

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Is it just me or is 99% of this not in English? It annoys me so much that to do something that is probably quite simple involves you having to spend hours learning a new language, why can't it be more intuitive? Sorry no help to the original query, I didn't even understand the question but am aware that I can't upload anymore apps to my phone (and I don't have many as most of the "brilliant apps" that I get told about look pretty pointless to me.
      Now a newbie gardener "could" say the same thing

Comment

I don't even understand what "root" means in this context - it only means the things at the bottom of plants or where you're from to me so don't understand who that fits to a phone as we've already discussed putting it in compost and I don't think that's a good plan - surely the point of a mobile is it's mobile, not rooted somewhere?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Best not to enquire about mobile phone tethering then.

Comment

No idea what that means either . The problem is that you can't buy phones that are simple so to do anything is a nightmare if you don't speak phone.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              I don't even understand what "root" means in this context - it only means the things at the bottom of plants or where you're from to me so don't understand who that fits to a phone as we've already discussed putting it in compost and I don't think that's a good plan - surely the point of a mobile is it's mobile, not rooted somewhere?
              I believe it is similar to 'jailbreaking' a mobile phone. I really can't be arrised with it all, to be honest, and agree wholeheartedly that all this is just designed as another way to extort money from those of us with insufficient knowledge on the subject.

Having said that, I hope you get it resolved, TS, and sorry I can't help.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                I believe it is similar to 'jailbreaking' a mobile phone.(
                I'd agree (or disagree) if I knew what that meant too! Do agree however that it's all about extorting money, it's like all the legal stuff that gets thrown at us, just to confuse us into needing to pay an expert a load of money............ Shall we contact the Campaign for Plain English?

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                  Once they're on Sim should be safe when you root phone.
                  Ah, that's what I needed to know. Thank you.
                  I thought I had to take them right off the phone. I'll have another look this evening. I'm too cross and frazzled to attempt it right now

thanks again

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  I really can't be arrised with it all
                  Neither can I !

I've now wasted two days on the chuffing thing. I'm stuck in a contract, so I can't get a new phone till 2014 or '15.

If I simply got this phone "fixed" in the shop, I'll be back to square one (memory full) in a couple more months.

It's doing my napper
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 12-03-2013, 02:44 PM. Reason: forgot to thank kind Steve
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Partly agree Alison, however, take cooking with their words ... Soft peaks, jeu, double boilers etc... Knitting - pearl, drop stitch, cast off etc.... Each trade/hobby has it's jargon and acronyms ... Lets not even go into gardening
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

TS you should be able to export all your contacts to a single file backup on the sd card... Think the file extension is vfc or vcf or something like that
                      Last edited by RedThorn; 12-03-2013, 08:01 PM.
                      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                        Partly agree Alison, however, take cooking with their words ... Soft peaks, jeu, double boilers etc... Knitting - pearl, drop stitch, cast off etc.... Each trade/hobby has it's jargon and acronyms ... Lets not even go into gardening
                        They do indeed, however I think that technology stuff is particularly bad and at least you can still eat something else if you don't understand one recipe but if your phone doesn't work then you're stuffed these days

Comment

It's not so difficult really; root refers to the basic programming of the phone, with the set up you see being the trunk and all the apps and stuff as the branches and all the stuff you can do with it being the fruit. Like a grafted tree, the 'root' program controls how much the trunk can do and how many branches/apps and fruits/useability of the phone. The trouble is, getting to the root program to change it (or 'rooting' the phone) is less easy than digging a hole in the soil...

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            It's not so difficult really; root refers to the basic programming of the phone, with the set up you see being the trunk and all the apps and stuff as the branches and all the stuff you can do with it being the fruit. Like a grafted tree, the 'root' program controls how much the trunk can do and how many branches/apps and fruits/useability of the phone. The trouble is, getting to the root program to change it (or 'rooting' the phone) is less easy than digging a hole in the soil...
                            Did you get a five-year old to explain that to you? *Grabs Tin 'At...
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Ai is mai own jeaneeus

Comment

There will be some sort of setting that is telling it not to use the SD card.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X