No announcement yet.

Readymeals

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We always buy Melton Mowbray pies when we're in the UK ( MIL is related to the family! ) love them...but I REALLY don't want to know how many calories are in them!

I always like to keep a ready meal lasagne in the freezer for when I'm too exhausted to cook- we have no take-aways within an hour!!...(although I do have ready made curries portioned up and frozen )

Yup- I've eaten one of the French ones containing horse very recently- in fact the day before the announcement *sigh.

I have memories of Vesta meals too in my teas- my mom thought they were really exotic!

Fray Bentos pies???...can you still get them? I used to love them- although not enough meat/gravy.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I used to eat them for lunch a fair amount and not all of them are inedible. I had a couple of rules though.
      1. No meat, reheated meat to me never tastes good.
      2. Have to be able to see it before I buy it, so have to be able to take the cardboard sleeve off and see the state of it, if I can see solid vegetables/pasta it's OK, if it looks like sloop it goes back.
      3. Has to be the same price as a sandwich or less.

Usually end up with some sort of vegetable pasta bake. There was one I even went so far as to describe as tasty.

Comment

the worst for me was a corned beef hash from asda, that then decided to make a return visit about an hour later.... not pleasant
        If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero

my memories of my garden http://lisamcflisagarden.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

ready meals are utterly vile. I was saddened to see that my nephew who visited at half term, refused to eat homemade meat balls with homemade tomato sauce and spaghetti - he loudly announced(loud was his only irritating volume) his came out of a tin and ours didn't.... could such poor behaviour(trust me, I wanted to drown him all week) in a child be connected to an inadequate diet?

Comment

no it's connected to inadequate parenting IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
              no it's connected to inadequate parenting IMO
              Ah but inadequate diet is often linked with inadequate parenting

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Fray Bentos pies???...can you still get them? I used to love them- although not enough meat/gravy.
                They're on offer this week Nicos where every little helps. They became a staple part of Himself's diet when I was on weight watchers a few years ago. I used the WW ready meals quite a bit, bulked up with veg, most convenient and ok taste wise. I did get fed up of ocean pie though!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Are they the ones in tins?
                  My Dad was clueless when it came to cooking and, while my Mum had to go into hospital for a few days she had left him with a stock of Pies in tins. When I went to see if he was OK, he was eating a half cooked pie - one half flaky pastry, the other half flat and flaccid He couldn't open the tin completely and didn't think it would matter
                  Totally hopeless

Comment

Don't use them......99.9% of time......sometimes I get a chinese or Indian if reduced enough in morrisons. But they have to be really cheap and I have to be feeling really lazy......

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Sweet and Sour Pork

Did you hear that Sweet and Sour Pork ready meals were taken of the shelves in the Vatican supermarket due to traces of Lion DNA was found in them.
                      Its a classic headline in the Vatican Mail.
                      "Lions fed to Christians!"
                      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by sammy_roser View Post
                        3. Has to be the same price as a sandwich or less.
                        You see that's one of the things that really worries me about ready meals, they shouldn't be that cheap and if they are there must be a reason for it - and we now know the reason why the bulk suppliers managed to make a lot of the beef based meals so cheaply..............

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Nicos, you can get those pies in tins at our Super U! I can send you one :-)
                          I went to Ikea a couple of days before the story broke - Monsieur P thinks it's very funny. You can guess what I had for lunch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X