Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apart from Gardening, what is your hobby?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought of two more, seeing as I own the gear for them, too heh.

I love surfing and quite like snowboarding too

Looking forwarding to teaching the kids both when they're a tad older.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
      How can you have a network planned without a building to put it in.

I don't do networking, its just a load of people trying to sell each other stuff....
      I know the basic layout, and have an idea of a central run of cables etc that'd suit a few houses.. plus there's always the option of running the network over the ring main too

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        I'd bore you all

I already have the network planned out in my head, the cable routes, cabinet location, etc etc.
        Been there, done that Chris.. Loved it... Cat 6, hubs, cabinets, switches etc..happy days!!
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          Cheat & build a bungalow (like I did) then you only need work out a single floor plan

*thinks to himself ...... can you do a image capture on gurgle earth hmmmmmmm
          I'd like a bungalow actually

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
            Been there, done that Chris.. Loved it... Cat 6, hubs, cabinets, switches etc..happy days!!
            I've done it in mine now, as VC can probably testify (cables all hanging out of the ceiling when she came over to get the VSP), but with ceilings and floors - they get in the way, so it wasn't as neat as I wanted it

Comment

I'm saying nothing as it would sound like criticism

Comment

I'd like a bungalow actually
                How old are you???
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Bungalows are great Mikey if you are skilled you can enter the front door,travel through all the rooms & leave by the french doors,without ever getting your feet on the floor

Takes a bit of practice though .........

But motorcycle trials riding will help
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 27-02-2013, 04:01 PM.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I like to cook, I make jams, pickles and preserves (that is quite gardening related though). I also read a lot, am addicted to online Scrabble, like going to the pub (I drink pints of bitter), the cinema and we go to live music gigs a bit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                      How old are you???
                      Just thinking of "future proofing" If I built one, I'd like it to be our "forever" home!

Comment

If I built one, I'd like it to be our "forever" home!
                        That was my plan Chris but wifey wanted to advance her career & so we moved here ,the moral being .. nothing lasts forever .... even aspirations & dreams
                        Last edited by bearded bloke; 27-02-2013, 09:17 PM.
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I like to read. Anything, to see what the fuss is all about. Though I do rather like Tudor Court Novels. Like gardening, it's another way to exercise the imagination
                          Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

in the past i ran and helped run cubs and scouts, kids football teams etc ...
                            now the kids are older, i've given that up
                            i now make wine and jams, do endless DIY etc, and i've recently become involved in this:
                            Southern Electric Group
                            keeps me busy!
                            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                              But motorcycle trials riding will help
                              I'll give that a try tonight.
                              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I'm not sure what hobbies I have these days! Been so kid/teen oriented for so long now. I find some of the things I used to like doing aren't interesting anymore.

I like walking in the bush, fascinating and the winds make it really fun too. Taking the dogs can be good as well they are such characters.

Doing horsey stuff - but not riding much, altho I might try and get that standy under control and do some riding or more him on later in the year.

I like to read, but read too fast, and am finding that there don't seem to be as many books that I really enjoy these days. Maybe I just can't afford them, the library has less and less I want to read these days, I've read most of the interesting to me, ones.

I don't get much time for travel really, or for sewing much either.

I do like looking round the net at things that interest me. People's blogs are really interesting at times. Love looking at things about their life that people are happy to share.
                                And I like fiddling with my blog too. It can be fun to make something funny or thoughtful out of something that wasn't much fun at the time.

After I teach the last teen to drive I may need more to keep me busy - altho I could need a padded room by the time she's sorted.
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X