• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    You not seen my smile yet have you
    Nope, not yet! But you haven't seen mine either

Comment

As one grows older...it is easy to tame the lion, but not so easy to tame the lioness
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.

Gertrude Jekyll

************NUTTERS' CLUB MEMBER************

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
      Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll
      tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Comment

Comment

In that ^^^^ case VC,you have waaaay more teeth than me
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

..........and they're sharp too

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
              As one grows older...it is easy to tame the lion, but not so easy to tame the lioness
              Dusty, if only you knew what inspired me to start this thread. .

Comment

I can think of a Lion I'd like to tame but I'm a big softy really and too much of a gentleman to name them...........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have a tendency to go nuts at bullies, as I suffered bullying myself when I was a young kid attending a fairly rough school. I learned to play rugby in secondary and the game taught me to meet every challenge, but also that there were sometimes more effective ways that doing it head on.

Even as an adult, I tend to still meet challenges on the front foot and am like a dog with a bone when it comes to an argument.

Must take it from my wee gran. She was smaller than 5ft tall and would have fought Goliath
                  Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Bit of both really. I don't see the point of making things worse if it seems like you're never going to improve things. But then again I hate it when people decide that they can walk all over you and you'll just take it. My job unshare partner was like that. Thought I'd cop it all because normally I just walk away. She got a shock! But didn't make her nicer.

I'm all for going in to fight for others tho, my kids included. The boys are now prone to say - it's ok mum. If they see me starting to get steamed up. My daughter and I sometimes discuss whether it's worthwhile taking on some of the teachers if they are not doing the right thing. Some things are best dealt with head on, and some people treat you better if you stand up for yourself. Other things it's better to keep your head down, your mouth shut, and know that you're getting the better end of it, even if the other person doesn't realise it.
                    The teachers are always scared to tangle with me tho, because I always do my homework first and know what I'm talking about, and sometimes know more about the curriculum etc than they do. There's a 'mess with this mother at your own risk' stamp on my kids files I think.
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X