Pancakes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Have just returned from the canteen with 2 treacle covered pancakes. When I was at the till, the woman said what have you got on it, I said Treacle, she said "I prefer mine with gravy".............

Me too BM. Wonder if it's a regional thing (I'm from Rotherham)
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
    If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

I save gravy for the Yorkshire Puds Matt.............
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I don't know Kitty, pancakes to me are a tradition & should be eaten as a sweet.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I don't know Kitty, pancakes to me are a tradition & should be eaten as a sweet.
          Actually BM just looked on wiki and it says pancakes originated from Ancient Greece and were served both sweet and savoury (either sugar/cinnamon/nuts or cheese) - pancakes first came to England in the 1400's.

Just a bit of useless info for you there

Comment

Today for the first time ever, the "cook one, scoff one" rule was not applied in our house.
            I made all the pancakes first, keeping them warm under a warm tea towel, then - what's that word they use on cooking programmes - yes, I assembled the pancakes, individually rolled with a slosh of mixed lemon & orange juice, and with maple syrup poured over the top, lightly stewed slices of Bramley apple on the side, and a big dollop of whipped cream.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

I do a savoury filled with mince, rice and peas, with a good slosh of Worcestershire sauce, followed by sweet, filled with cherry pie filling and choccie icecream
              Well, it's only once a year

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                Today for the first time ever, the "cook one, scoff one" rule was not applied in our house.
                I made all the pancakes first, keeping them warm under a warm tea towel, then - what's that word they use on cooking programmes - yes, I assembled the pancakes, individually rolled with a slosh of mixed lemon & orange juice, and with maple syrup poured over the top, lightly stewed slices of Bramley apple on the side, and a big dollop of whipped cream.
                Pancakes a la Samoa......
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I think my liking of them with gravy comes from being a kid. Dad brought 5 of us up alone whilst working 18hr shifts so meals had to be quick and substantial. A huge pan of stew and dumplings one night, stew and pancakes the next. If there was any left after that, dad threw a tub of curry powder in it and we had it with chips... that one still makes me shudder!
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.

Comment

I also like Scotch pancakes with a big dollop of Greek yoghurt, frozen berries, nuts and honey

Comment

Kitty, I'm always gobsmacked when I see people buying scotch pancakes. Why buy them?

I'm just letting my stir fry settle and then I'm off to do pancakes. The boys will have theirs with whatever, the BH and I are having ours with homemade darkest (85%) chocolate sauce, berries & vodka cream
                      Last edited by julesapple; 12-02-2013, 07:36 PM.
                      Jules

Comment

Spinach and ricotta canelloni pancakes! roll spinach and ricotta up in pancakes instead of pasta tubes!! covered in lots of tinned tomatoes and cheese....bliss!

Comment

I agree Jules, so easy to make! I use Ma Broons recipe

Comment

Just had ours.
                            Round one stuffed with leeks and lardons, topped with tomato sauce and baked.
                            Round two sugar and lemon of course.
                            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Okaaay.....that wasn't pretty. But it was Heavenly.......

I thought about taking a photo, but that was an avoidable delay....
                              Jules

Comment

Originally posted by KittyColdNose View Post
                                I agree Jules, so easy to make! I use Ma Broons recipe
                                I used her recipe for Clooty Dumpling last year - made for my Dad - he's from Invershin.
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X