No announcement yet.

Aldi Thurs 14th Feb.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh tangentisation, that's the name of the game, it's a new generation, and we know who's to blame.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I do hope you're not implying that the discussions about alternative uses for Aldi products went off at a tangent from your thread, BM That was never our intention
      Do you think that the cold frame is worth buying?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I did wonder about the seeds and cutting tray - 40 pots for £2.99. Yes, I have loads of pots but they're mostly larger ones and those look a good size for succession sowing
        I bought those a couple of years back they're just the right size for a pricked out seedling. I couldn't get on with the tray though it was too wobbly when filled with pots and compost.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks Bren Sit it in a gravel tray perhaps? I'll check the measurements first.

Comment

I ended up cutting mine to fit seed trays.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Ar least it would keep them upright and spaced. I may have to take a look...........

Comment

Seed and cutting tray is excellent. I had few problems with it even when full of plants.. - hold by opposite corners..

Comment

I do hope you're not implying that the discussions about alternative uses for Aldi products went off at a tangent from your thread, BM That was never our intention
                  Do you think that the cold frame is worth buying?
                  What are you going to do with it, if you do? I need to know that first!
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Well, maybe building a mini raised bed to fit beneath it (as I don't have much depth of soil) and growing overwintering veggies in it. That's the sensible option - I'm still working on the alternatives

Comment

Just popped into an Aldi as I was nearby nothing left from last week (trees) and nothing out yet for Thursday Probably won't be near one then either.

Comment

Just popped into an Aldi as I was nearby nothing left from last week (trees) and nothing out yet for Thursday Probably won't be near one then either.
                        Trees up here if you're desperate for some. Three stores within ten mile radius. Not the best varieties though unless you want Gala, Bramley, Golden Delicious, Cox's.
                        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Done trees - I bought a peach and a greengage last week. I wanted to see the pots and the coldframe and maybe something else that I can't remember but would when I saw it

Comment

Done trees - I bought a peach and a greengage last week. I wanted to see the pots and the coldframe and maybe something else that I can't remember but would when I saw it
                            They're not in until Thursday honey

Comment

If you get the coldframe VC, make sure you anchor it down well, they are only polycarb & very light. I had one a few years back & had to screw it to the concrete.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

He's right - I've got one in the polytunnel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X