X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phil the shed View Post
    Sarz
    how bigs your area?
    That made me blink when I read it first. Never ask a lady how big her area is matey The response could be painful

Comment

For rockdust, I just have to wait till there's a fairly stiff southerly breeze on a Monday (blasting day at the quarry )
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Planted 6 rows of early potatoes.

Potatoes 1-4 out of the first row (6 in all)... treated with Rockdust and FBB.
        5-6 FBB only.

On second row, 3-6 treated with RD and FBB. 1-2 FBB only
        On third row, 1-4 RD and FBB

And so on
        Row 6 all FBB and RD..

(the rows get different light levels at the end near 5&6 during the day .)

Interesting to weigh the results.
        Row 1 under cloche.

Row 1 also gets more light. Row 6 is close to a hedge and partially overshadowed by a willow.

All are partially sheltered by oak trees early in the morning.

Rows run E-W.

Heavy soil. Rotted leafmould/compost added. Watered in.

Will have to treat for slugs later.. home made nematodes.
        Last edited by Madasafish; 13-04-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

very interesting. has any one noticed a difference to thier crops? I saw an article on it and was tempted to give it a go or is it a catch penny. I thought the u tube video was enlightening but still a bit wary.

Comment

I have had massive growth again on onions grown where soil has been treated with Rockdust. The cabbages and calabrese again have put out huge heads, after strong and fast growth. I believe it's made a difference to my soil, enhancing my results. Other plot holders have been astonished so far at my plot, so it's got to be doing something. My garlic has been feeble though, with and without Rockdust. Beans and peas, although late, are loaded. I'm watching this space.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X