X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops
    Apologies for wrong thread.

I'm testing RockDust this year.

Report in six months - assuming we have a summer.

Comment

VC I'd like to see test results rather than rely on someone's opinion of what's in it.

There have been good reports from people on here - so, does making a video make his opinion more credible than theirs? - just wondering

Comment

That's fine by me, Thelma - I thought people might be interested
        He uses the dust from rocks in his garden - his point is that it doesn't have to be the branded Rockdust to achieve the same benefits.

Comment

Maybe it needs its own thread VC as this thread asked about Rockdust opinion specifically.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Can't win can I? I try not to start another thread.............I'll just delete it.

Comment

I can't see the problem with looking at alternative opinions and methods. Some people can't afford Rockdust and might be happy to try cheaper alternatives?! And why start a new thread for the same subject VC, if it's okay with you, I'd like to restore your post.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                Maybe it needs its own thread VC as this thread asked about Rockdust opinion specifically.
                Well,from memory I would have said that the video showed an opinion on Rockdust,not by a forum member I grant you,but it was an opinion.
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Snap Sarz
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Thanks Sarz. Go ahead - if its OK with you, its OK with me

Comment

Personally, I would love to cover my plot in Rockdust; it's been growing veggies for 30+ years and for a lot of them it was only being fed with Growmore, so it's poor and depleted of trace nutrients. But I can't afford to do it except in small patches

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                        VC I'd like to see test results rather than rely on someone's opinion of what's in it.

There have been good reports from people on here - so, does making a video make his opinion more credible than theirs? - just wondering
                        And having watched the video, I'd say the geochemist's opinion is at least as valid as any pseudo-scientific trials by ordinary growers. Are we all so brainwashed these days that only a brand name will do?!

Comment

Same here. Not as expensive as charcoal though hey?
                          I suggested that maybe as it's an alternative and thus deserving of a thread of its own, because it gets lost in here, not because I have a problem with alternative rock grinds. Might confuse others though.
                          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                            Not as expensive as charcoal though hey?.
                            Dunno, I got my bag of biochar as part of a crowd-funding thing, probably won't be able to afford that either once my bag is gone. I'll look for cheap ways to produce my own instead probably...

Comment

Sarz
                              how bigs your area?

Branded Gardening Products for your vegetable, flower or lawn garden - Gro-well Direct

this company can ship rockdust 12x20kg bags
                              for about £140 including delivery
                              less than £12 a bag all in best delivered price i've seen

that would do as a minimum add 500sq metres

that's less than 30p a square metre

good long term investment?

#just beenlooking
                              this will be a battle from the heart
                              cymru am byth

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                                And having watched the video, I'd say the geochemist's opinion is at least as valid as any pseudo-scientific trials by ordinary growers
                                Agreed, I only asked if the video made his opinion seem more credible, a fair enough comment, I thought.

My first point was that I'd like to see test analysis results for rock dust (of any kind) - to see what is actually in it - rather than listen to opinion or advertising.

Never meant to offend anyone with my thoughts, but obviously touched a sore spot *wry smile*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X