No announcement yet.

The things folk will do for money

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB - still do that even to this day, but doesn't look like it would have made any difference under these citcumstances as described by AP as there would have been no time and presumbaly nowhere to run to........
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

I think you could argue this back and forth until the cows come home. We will never know the full circs.

But if I were a famous actor, I wouldn't consider doing adverts of this sort. I guess we could argue here that lesser known actors, like George Layton, probably need the money - they have mortgages and bills - but people like Carole Vorderman, Dawn French, Michael Parkinson......they surely don't?
      Last edited by julesapple; 07-02-2013, 08:03 PM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I used to know someone who would skin a turd for a farthing.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

I hate insurance companies with a passion, open grasping hand when they want their money, closed fist when it comes time to pay out.

Back during the miners strike a chap fell of a center reservation in front of me, I was completely exonerated by the police but was told by the insurance investigators I was 10% to blame just for being there. I don't know if that still holds true.

Colin
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            closed fist when it comes time to pay out.

Colin
            That's part of what got up my nose to start with. In their current ads they are trying to sell themselves by producing stats of how many folks thought it was easy to make claims and then they do this with a child.

Comment

I saw this on Anglia news.
              I thought the guy just didn't see her and hit her, but also gave her first aid that might have saved her life. He was judged to be driving too fast for the road and conditions, although within the speed limit.
              his insurers we're found liable but they don't want to pay a million, claiming she was partly culpable.
              not knowing the weather conditions, what she was wearing, exactly what the road was like, where she was in the road etc etc I would tend to side with the girl.
              I'm sure all insurance companies would do equally unscrupulous acts, in fact I dont doubt that this sort of thing happens alot and goes unreported it's unfortunately like so many other situations all about money.
              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Insurance companies, maybe I'm wrong but I thought most people know what they are like , it's about profits. So I wouldn't be advertsing for them.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                  Insurance companies, maybe I'm wrong but I thought most people know what they are like , it's about profits. So I wouldn't be advertsing for them.
                  I guess for a few hundred squid I could do it, I wonder how many employees who actually work in this sector believe in their products.........or is it just a job.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I haven't seen the whole story, so will go off and take a look. As far as Dawn French is concerned, maybe she signed up before this accident. The advert doesn't do her acting skills any favours anyway!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      I wonder if Dawn French will reconsider her position with Churchill Insurance now it has become apparent they are trying to place blame for an accident on a thirteen year old girl left with permanent disability to lessen their liability for damages.
                      Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      I haven't seen the whole story, so will go off and take a look. As far as Dawn French is concerned, maybe she signed up before this accident. The advert doesn't do her acting skills any favours anyway!
                      That was precisely the point of the original post Flo.

Comment

Presumably she's already filmed this ad and been paid and signed a contract. So what exactly do you expect her to do? And why is this about Dawn French and not about the actual company involved?

Have you started a campaign to boycott the insurance company? If not, why not?

Comment

This is about Dawn French because she is the high profile squeaky clean personality trusted by the folks who see her on television presently featured in TV adverts placed by the insurance company in which they try to convince people as to how easy it is to make claims on their policies.

I entered the post after seeing the ad. It is about Dawn French because I chose to make it about Dawn French.

I have not started a campaign against the insurance company because I have no interest in doing so. Anyone else that chooses to do so is free to do so. If public opinion is strong enough, they will no doubt reconsider their position.

As to what I expect Dawn French to do, is of no moment. As per my OP, I said I wonder what she will do

Comment

Nothing probably, as she's already contracted and filmed the ad.

It's not exactly shock horror news; someone uses skills to make money...that's what people do.

Comment

It may not be shock horror news to you. It most certainly was to me. That is the news about the insurance company and its actions.

The question I posed was not about the news.

Comment

Sorry AP but I am getting confused here you say the least,you are criticising Dawn French for her association with an insurance company which is currently in the news over a claim that was made against them a few years ago,to which they admitted partial liability but has recently received a lot of media coverage because the said company are in the process of establishing the percentage of liability (see Potty's post),surely if all that is offending you is actors acting in TV adverts you really need to extend your criticism to include Martin Clunes as he has been appearing on their behalf as well since the claim in question.
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X