Discrimination on the grounds of Gender

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    I don't think it's hatred or dislike of boys - if the women have to retire earlier and thus earn less; then surely it's only right to reduce the rent. If it was misandry then surely all women would get a discount.
    T'was only a joke hence the smiley. Honest Missus

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

mysogny and misandry. Never heard of them before today. How could anyone hate women? well I do kinda understand the sentiment sometimes but I'm always able to be won round

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
        T'was only a joke hence the smiley. Honest Missus

Potty
        stop digging matey, hastey retreat called for

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          Last December there was an EU ruling that banned insurers from discriminating between men and women drivers policy premiums,so there is deffo a precedent for parity
          Once we get proper equal pay - then perhaps you might have a case. Until then...I don't think any bloke is in a position to complain. Even in jest. [Cos it really ain't funny].

Comment

Once we get proper equal pay - then perhaps you might have a case. Until then...I don't think any bloke is in a position to complain. Even in jest. [Cos it really ain't funny].
            Zaz, I totally agree that the pay situation is wrong and it has been brushed aside over the years with Local Authorities among the worst offenders. However, this thread is about discounts to plot holders with women having been given those at a younger age than the age at which they are given to men. That is equally wrong. A local authority is not entitled to brush the law aside, be it in respect of pay or anything else gender related.

Comment

I could not agree more with your basic argument but I think the bigger question is the inequality shown in the work place about the type of jobs that women seem unable to get.

Is someone really going to tell me there has never been a woman good enough to be a top banker as a for instance, most of the really top jobs seem to be occupied by the male gender. Maybe just maybe if people were picked on merit instead of the old boys net work we might be in a better place. And then of course with some ladies in the top jobs you may even get true equal pay.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

As far as I'm aware (and I've not checked it for certain), we get a reduction in plot cost (don't understand the comments about other payments, we only pay for the plot) when you reach state retirement age, whatever that might be. In other words, historically that would have been 65 for men and 60 for women but is changing over a sliding scale and by the time I retire I'll be lucky to get any kind of state pension anyway . I have no problem with this seemed unequal as it's consistent with the pension provision etc which is blooming complicated to work out at the moment but I was under the impression that a 62/3 year old woman could now be claiming her pension, whereas a man born on the same day could not. As the pensionable ages continue to match up over the next few years then so should any discounts etc.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  If you ask a man to do something he doesn't want to do, it's nagging. Apparently.
                  And if you ask a woman to do something she doesn't want to do, its abuse.

we could go on all day like this.... goes and puts tin hat on.....

I believe there should be equality in all things, pay, time off work maternity/paternity, the full shooting match. I also believe there should be more women in top positions as they are naturally more empathetic, and less likely to kick the little man, well no more than she does already!.

Why is it that to succeed in the workplace you have to give up family life (male & female), this is all wrong, a nurturing work environment is just as important as a nurturing home one.

Anyway back to the opening post, if its in relation to plot costs, why is there a discount for OAP's anyway? If plot costs are supported by local government, they should be the same for all. good value for money.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X