Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page cannot be displayed???

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep getting this page quite a bit, is it the site not loading? Anyone else get similar...or is it my ISP?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

I get that occasionally as well SBP, I think it's just the amount of traffic on the wires refresh or the back button usually cures it
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Yeah, thanks Nick, its just really annoying - seems to happen too often; but I'm glad its not my ISP (Plusnet) who have been quite unreliable recently.

Comment

SBP. Hitting back always works for me too. I get it on a number of sites during peek times so don't think it is purely GYO or the Vine. I would recommend always saving what you have written first though before pressing the back button or refresh. I will point this out to the PTB and ask them if it something that they can look into.
        Jax

Comment

I just sometimes get a delay....you have to wait 10seconds stuff....other than that no probs.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It happens to me but only since I changed ISP from BT to Tiscali. Not to be recommended.
            [

Comment

I agree Tiscali are not in my top 10 either - but neither are plusnet now!!!

Whatever causes it means sometimes its impossible to get the site to load for minutes at a time - by which time I've forgotten what I was going to post! :-(

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet
                The page cannot be displayed
                The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep getting this page quite a bit, is it the site not loading? Anyone else get similar...or is it my ISP?
                I don't usually have this problem on G.Y.O site but it does happen to me occasionally usually if the page is taking too long to load .AOL seems to have a short 'time out' limit & puts this message up if the page doesn't load really quickly.If you're not on broadband you'll probably get this quite often. Pressing 'refresh' or just going back & trying again usually works.
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Thanks, but I am on Broadband and I try refreshing and the back arrow, etc - I very occasionally get it on other sites, and oddly I didn't get it on this site (that I can remember) until I registered for it.

Comment

Well just so you don't feel victimised, it happens to me & I'm on BT Broadband
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Tiscali is broadband as well. I wish I could find a better ISP with unlimited downloads that's as cheap.
                      [

Comment

I'm on dialup, as BT can't provide us with BT Broadband. We tried it a year or so ago. BT Broadband was loading slower than dial up
                        BT ended up having to cancel all contracts and take back their modem. BT Broadband was not happy to have to give up and take it on the chin.
                        Dial up normally loads up at 44Kbps, which I understand is the minimum requirement for providers to allow them to claim they are supplying a customer with Broadband. A few months ago there was a BT engineer in the street carrying out work and we brought up the problems of not being able to receive BT Broadband. We asked if the problem was with the wiring in the house and he said that He didn't need to look at our house to know we could not get BT Broadband. When we looked a little bit puzzled he pointed to the telegraph pole outside our house and told us that with that many lines from various houses being connected to the same junction point it was a surprise we got a telephone service at all.
                        Having had to carry out all the requests and extra purchases by the IT desk for BT Broadband I was quite angry to find out that they were wasting our time. Now you could say I am Broadband phobic
                        Jax

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X