X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it but it didn't do anything for me at all
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just watched program 2 which was all about growing fruit and veg. The allotment lady about halfway through was great. Did more for allotment growing in 3 minutes than a certain other "Allotment" program did in an hour. Lots of warm sunshine too, perfect for a cold, grey February afternoon, having spent the morning working in the rain.

Comment

I enjoyed last night's programme too...it was something I could actually relate to.

How sweet that the lady with the allotment gave Monty some confiture!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          I enjoyed last night's programme too...it was something I could actually relate to.

How sweet that the lady with the allotment gave Monty some confiture!
          I thought so too! Such a lovely lady Such a lovely plot! I love how the French value their markets. It's the one thing I have to seek out when on holiday.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I enjoyed this one more but wanted him to come to my department ...he always seems to go up north near Paris or down South. Nearest he got was the Dordogne and then it wasnt clear exactly where he was...and if anyone else drags out the old tale about the 2CV being designed to take the farmer and his eggs across a field without breaking any...i'll scream.
            However the allotment lady was wonderful ...told you the french were lovely people.
            Was intrigued that the nuns grew their corgettes, squashes etc all together... i always thought that they interbred if you did that...the courgettes that is ... not the nuns.
            Cant wait for the summer......
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

I loved her too in her pinny! Le petite granmere! She was adorable and so full of life! You could tell he liked her too coz he had such a big grin or his face! How could you not grin in company like that?! Wish I could go to France it looks wonderful! My youngest (14) is off with the school next month and has promised to take loads of photos - and not just goofy ones of her and her friends standing in fornt of the coach!
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
                I enjoyed this one more but wanted him to come to my department ...he always seems to go up north near Paris or down South. Nearest he got was the Dordogne and then it wasnt clear exactly where he was...and if anyone else drags out the old tale about the 2CV being designed to take the farmer and his eggs across a field without breaking any...i'll scream.
                However the allotment lady was wonderful ...told you the french were lovely people.
                Was intrigued that the nuns grew their corgettes, squashes etc all together... i always thought that they interbred if you did that...the courgettes that is ... not the nuns.
                Cant wait for the summer......
                Interbreeding nuns...now that would be a first!
                I thought the 2CV Dolly was invented for the eighties idiots with more money than sense? I worked with a girl, who we called Scarey Hairy Mary and she had a red/white Dolly. Always smelt of wet straw - her and the car!
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hang about VVG. I have a dog called Scarey Hairy Mary (because she's both) and I had a 2CV Dolly but it was Green and white For the record I wasn't an eighties idiot - I've never restricted myself to a decade

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                    I thought the 2CV Dolly was invented for the eighties idiots with more money than sense?
                    I knew someone who owned one from new. He ran it forthe first 4 months during which time he complained it was extremely underpowered. On a hill he could manage less than 10 miles an hour but though that must be normal for such vehicles. At its first service, it was discovered that the throttle cable hadn't been fitted properly and only a fraction of the power available was being achieved. He ran about like a cat with its bum on fire after that.

Comment

Mine was extremely slow pulling away at the lights. I dreaded approaching traffic lights and seeing them change to red as I knew I'd crawl across the junction with a queue of cars behind me.
                      It took a couple of weeks before I realised I was starting in 3rd each time Silly place for a gear lever

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Hang about VVG. I have a dog called Scarey Hairy Mary (because she's both) and I had a 2CV Dolly but it was Green and white For the record I wasn't an eighties idiot - I've never restricted myself to a decade
                        No she was definitely nothing like you! She offered me a lift once and I politely declined.

Comment

Most people declined my offer of a lift too - especially the men

Comment

no the 2Cv has been going for many many many years........and is really in this day and age a very silly car to have ...we have a kangoo which is like a van and can carry freezers, logs for the fire, setees and eggs. But to scoot around France (its a big country) you need a decent fast car ...there is NO WAY Monty went from the languedoc to Paris in that....
                            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X