Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had problems ordering from Thompson & Morgan?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My T&M seed spuds turned up today so I will be chitting my 1st earlies ready for the polytunnel

Comment

my freebie lady cristl arrived yesterday

Comment

I'm still waiting for potatoes, but remaining patient. Just a bit tired of having a huge stack of waiting egg boxes in the utility room... Sure they'll be pressed into service soon.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Thompson and Morgan still failing to impress

Thank you for ordering from Thompson & Morgan on 03/03/2013 NOT RECEIVED
          Premier Seeds Direct ordered 05/03/2013 received
          Just Seeds ordered 10/03/2013 received
          World of chillis ordered 08/03/2013 recieved

I only went to thompson's because they were the only place who had my shalots i should of known better
          I vowed last time i wouldnt use them ever again
          But i know for sure i will never recommend them to my worst enemy
          Thompson and Morgan If you ever read this you are one of the most expensive suppliers going and you are doing yourself no favours what so ever
          My Wifes Blog

Comment

I don't use them but the delivery date runs into April is clearly stated online for each variety
            Buy Onion and Garlic sets - Order Shallots Online | Thompson & Morgan

Comment

Shallots are not the same as seeds, and therefore delivery terms are not the same. If conditions are bad weather-wise they often hold off sending them until conditions are favourable for planting. I ordered seeds from T&M last week and they were here within 4 working days.

I have no problem with people complaining about bad service, but not when they're only telling half the story.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                Shallots are not the same as seeds, and therefore delivery terms are not the same. If conditions are bad weather-wise they often hold off sending them until conditions are favourable for planting. I ordered seeds from T&M last week and they were here within 4 working days.

I have no problem with people complaining about bad service, but not when they're only telling half the story.
                Not really telling half the story Why would they wait to send sets out you can go into any garden center etc and pick onion sets up surely ? I wanted to get them in the ground before the weather changed for the better Begining of last week we had some lovely days i thought by the time i get them i will be to late to put them in so i dont really see how your arguement stands up to be fair

Thelma Sanders
                Maybe i miss understand thier site then because i thought that the date as below was when they were avalible Not a time frame that they are going to be delivered in
                Despatch: January - April 2013

i dont mind being wrong in my arguement to be fair but nothing said here so far has put me in that situation as i see it 10 days to send two bags of sets out just seems an awfully long time
                Last edited by Shroomy; 13-03-2013, 05:21 PM.
                My Wifes Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shroomy View Post
                  Thank you for ordering from Thompson & Morgan on 03/03/2013 NOT RECEIVED
                  Premier Seeds Direct ordered 05/03/2013 received
                  Just Seeds ordered 10/03/2013 received
                  World of chillis ordered 08/03/2013 recieved

I only went to thompson's because they were the only place who had my shalots i should of known better
                  I vowed last time i wouldnt use them ever again
                  But i know for sure i will never recommend them to my worst enemy
                  Thompson and Morgan If you ever read this you are one of the most expensive suppliers going and you are doing yourself no favours what so ever
                  Why just slate them here? Phone them up (rather than emailing them). Their customer service team are very accommodating and will answer & rectify and queries/problems. Besides, their website states:

Despatch: January - April 2013
                  for their shallots?

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                    Why just slate them here? Phone them up (rather than emailing them). Their customer service team are very accommodating and will answer & rectify and queries/problems. Besides, their website states:

for their shallots?
                    I dont want to phone them because it costs me more money to phone them
                    Thier Customer service team my be very accomodating but why should i have to chase them ?
                    Yes For thier Shallots
                    Why put it on here because maybe some people might like to know what can happen
                    My Wifes Blog

Comment

And what's that? Seems to me the only thing that's happened is that you haven't read the delivery schedule

Comment

And what's that? Seems to me the only thing that's happened is that you haven't read the delivery schedule
                        Sorry Sarzwix not following you here delivery schedule is jan to aprill so are you saying that i can expect to wait till aprill to get my order
                        like i say to me it means that they are avalible to order in between these months that all not you have to wait upto 4 months for delievery but as i say maybe i am missunderstanding this
                        My Wifes Blog

Comment

And as I said above, delivery will be dependant on conditions! If conditions just after your order aren't suitable then they'll hold off sending them. I have the seeds from my order, I don't yet have onion sets or seed potatoes. However I'm not foaming at the mouth about it; they'll get here in good time for planting, and they won't have frozen in some Royal Mail warehouse on the way, and that's good enough for me.
                          Last edited by SarzWix; 13-03-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

What Sarz said really, I ordered my spuds 21st Jan and delivery date was listed as between January and March so I didn't expect them until end of March at the latest accordingly.
                            My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

However I'm not foaming at the mouth about it;
                              Surely thats a bit insulting to me I am far from rabid i thought i would express what i felt was poor service .Maybe we disagree as to what we would think of poor service but i dont feel that i need to be insulted about it ?
                              Last edited by Shroomy; 13-03-2013, 05:56 PM.
                              My Wifes Blog

Comment

My apologies. 'However I'm not writing ranty posts on a busy gardening forum about it'...?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X