No announcement yet.

GYO Magazine - March

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just a soft touch Zaz They're drifting in from donors who don't want any seeds in return. It would be churlish to refuse!

Comment

Compost them! I did with a few packets when I had half of the VSP!

Comment

ref the MM's,when the weather warms up,chuck em in an area,then when they grown up you got some extra stuff for your compost heap,or could be used as a mulch,just another wild idea,
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 30-01-2013, 08:10 PM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          Compost them! I did with a few packets when I had half of the VSP!
          Drop them in at the local charity shop............they'll take owt...........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            In the old days when I ran the VSP - I banned MM and if anyone dared to send any [they didn't] they would have had them put straight back into the envelope and sent back to them. I thought that I had eliminated them all before I sent it on its way - apologies if not.
            I remember being told NO MM and I didn't dare send any to you
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
              I remember being told NO MM and I didn't dare send any to you
              But you dare send them to me - by the sound of it
              The MM Stocktake has found 3 full packets and 3 part packets - and I have 5 packets I'll be taking mine to one of the seedswaps and dumping them there . If I can swap them for anything interesting it can go in the VSP

Comment

what's wrong with them?? whats the vsp? is it the seed swapping thread? I'm going to try saving this year

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  But you dare send them to me - by the sound of it
                  The MM Stocktake has found 3 full packets and 3 part packets - and I have 5 packets I'll be taking mine to one of the seedswaps and dumping them there . If I can swap them for anything interesting it can go in the VSP
                  Yep I dare! You're a pussy cat. Zazzy is a tiger
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Good questions rabbit!! I don't really know what's wrong with MM - but I don't want to grow them. I may have done in the past though!
                    The VSP is the Virtual Seed Parcel where you can send your spare seeds and swap them for something else. They can be bought or saved seeds. I have the VSP and one day I'll put a photo up to prove it exists! All the information you need is at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nce_68032.html
                    The Seed Swap circles are for saved seeds. All the more seed savers the merrier

Comment

I'm not really a pussy cat, I'm a

Comment

I'm not really a pussy cat, I'm a
                        In all seriousness can't we just give our Moneymakers to schools or playgroups that well, just want to play at it or write names on pots like Tilly Tom or Tom Tom?! I will provide the stamps
                        Chris - ask at your playgroup!

Comment

I remember the money maker warning from Zaz as well,however as they don't have them here,so I am currently fermenting some Tomate de Madeira & should get a second lot going Saturday,will send VSP some on return to UK
                          Last edited by bearded bloke; 30-01-2013, 09:44 PM.
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

You betcha.

Comment

It landed on the mat this morning. Four free packets of seeds - Spaghetti squash, Radish, Rocket and ermm Moneymaker tomatoes. Please don't send any more to the VSP
                              Front cover offer of a "free" Dwarf Patio apple - Gala. £5.60 P&P. I may be tempted at that price.
                              Im having a go at the gala VC have you ordered yet Im tempted by a few of the trees
                              In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

If I get it it would just be as a novelty, I can't take a little tree like that seriously Although it says it can grow to 1.5-1.8m, which is taller than me - but, nobody takes me seriously either

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X