No announcement yet.

Suffering with the fags

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat off to you, Redser. You're doing brill!

Comment

Thanks Patch. Have saved 60 euro so far. Feel better, smell better, look better.

Comment

Just reading through the thread. As a non smoker for about 14 years now (after starting at about 13 ) I can say it will get easier, and the whole idea of you ever possibly smoking again will eventually disappear! Stick with it........

Comment

Originally posted by redser View Post
          Thanks Patch. Have saved 60 euro so far. Feel better, smell better, look better.
          Cor...well done!( I hope you're going to treat yourself to something with that money??? )
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Cor...well done!( I hope you're going to treat yourself to something with that money??? )
            Yip, a big Cuban cigar!
            We're heading over to Thomasland in April so any spare cash will help.

Thanks Qzy!

Comment

Well done Redser..keep it up....I'd say the missus is saying very little yet tho and trying to avoid putting you under pressure ?
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

Have saved 60 euro so far. Feel better, smell better, look better.
                And you'll keep ON feeling, smelling and looking better!
                You'll soon start to really taste your food as well. Plus there's a nice treat to come with all the money you save. Keep on going, it really WILL get easier. Your'e doing great.
                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

yes, well done matey, you'll be complaining vociferously about smokers before you know where you are

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                    Well done Redser..keep it up....I'd say the missus is saying very little yet tho and trying to avoid putting you under pressure ?
                    Spot on, she knows me well I'll just go quietly about it, quiety as I can!
                    We had our work Christmas meal out last night - January is the new December apparently. Walking through town was the first time I'd smelled smoke since I quit. That was very hard. Didn't enjoy the night at all despite everything being very nice. Couldn't wait to get back to the sanctuary of the house. The whole thing shook me up Elvis style and I didnt sleep well. But it's over and back on track again drinking the water.
                    Ta

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      yes, well done matey, you'll be complaining vociferously about smokers before you know where you are
                      I'm really guilty of that! I can't stand smokers - pots, kettles all spring to mind. I used to light up all over the place and open people's windows because I never did like smoky rooms
                      I was a shocker and have had to apologise to a lot of people since I gave up.

Comment

Well done for getting through the evening. As it starts to get easier, you'll start to get such a great feeling of achievement that you're doing something so worth while. The sense of freedom that you're no longer in need of something that's basically going to kill you is great!

Comment

Spot on, she knows me well I'll just go quietly about it, quiety as I can!
                          We had our work Christmas meal out last night - January is the new December apparently. Walking through town was the first time I'd smelled smoke since I quit. That was very hard. Didn't enjoy the night at all despite everything being very nice. Couldn't wait to get back to the sanctuary of the house. The whole thing shook me up Elvis style and I didnt sleep well. But it's over and back on track again drinking the water.
                          Ta
                          Well done on last night!! You think you're bad with Christmas drinks in January???
                          Ours were called off in December due to a clash and are now scheduled for March..(hopefully they mean 2013!!..)
                          Last edited by Tripmeup; 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM.
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

One of the kids I picked up this morning comes from a smoker's house. I very nearly said sommat, but my brain told me to shut-the-chuff-up, just in time!

Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind, Redser. You have my admiration. As does your Wife for keeping schtum, instead of nagging. I could learn from her...
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Merry Paddy's day

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                One of the kids I picked up this morning comes from a smoker's house. I very nearly said sommat, but my brain told me to shut-the-chuff-up, just in time!

Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind, Redser. You have my admiration. As does your Wife for keeping schtum, instead of nagging. I could learn from her...
                                Maybe you should start leaving car mags lying about the place They're starting to put gruesome pics on the packaging over here from today. Hopefully it will have an impact. Someday they will be banned completely and people will look back in wonder that governments allowed this poison to be sold.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X