Today I saw

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird of Paradise

Thanks,both of you. It seems such a shame to have nurtured something for years and have nobody to see it when it finally appears!

It's my second try with a strelitzia, the first one I had seven years. It never flowered, but grew so big that I couldn't get it back into the house after a summer outside (that was several years ago, when we did have a summer) and though I fleeced it up well, it died over winter. This one I'll have had for five years this spring.

Comment

Always nice to hear of a success story & see the result as well
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Queen of Spades View Post
        Thanks,both of you. It seems such a shame to have nurtured something for years and have nobody to see it when it finally appears!

It's my second try with a strelitzia, the first one I had seven years. It never flowered, but grew so big that I couldn't get it back into the house after a summer outside (that was several years ago, when we did have a summer) and though I fleeced it up well, it died over winter. This one I'll have had for five years this spring.
        I was given a huge one by a friend who moved to France. It had flowered the year before, and she told me they don't bloom every year. (I've never checked this fact, by the way.) Like you, I would put my house-plants outside for the summer, and they thrived. Sadly mine died, along with all the others, when we had an unexpected early frost.
        Last edited by Glutton4...; 03-03-2013, 11:07 AM.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X