No announcement yet.

Allotment Wars BBC 1 Or BBC One HD

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have twittered the producer suggesting 'allotment peas' for The next series :-)
    Last edited by alldigging; 23-01-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• the reply will be peas off

Comment

• Hi,

Allotment Wars - Well that's what the show gave us.

It's a shame that the BBC and other broadcasters haven't woken up to the untold positive stories about allotment. I've tried for years but all they want is what you saw last night.

I did like the ladies in Essex, very funny.

Today I have spoken with the majority of the people who took part. The Essex girls and the Bill & Ben Man/Janet are pleased with the show. The two gentlemen in the North for fumming - they have their AGM tonight as well! They were both put forward for the show by their own committee!

But please bear in mind, would you take part if you were told in advance "This show is all about conflict and fights!". No, I don't think you would. The contributors have claimed that the producers "played with" them and slowly moved away from filming general gardening advice and wanted to keep talking about infighting. Once you are in a situation like that it's very difficult to get out of it and stand your ground against the production company. The gentlemen in the North have told me the full story about why they don't talk, but due to the nature of their argument I can't even repeat it here otherwise I may get a visit from the boys in blue.

As for the Manchester guy - there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. He has been in the press for many years so don't think he was thrown off just for not attending his plot for three weeks.

I know the type of TV programmes that everyone wants to see but unless the horticultural industry funds the programme themselves, for YouTube, then you won't be seeing anything like it on TV in the near future.

Also, another production company is about to start asking for contributors. Once I know more information as to the nature of the show I will let you know.

Comment

• I guess a lot of it is 'all in the editing'......
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• To be fair I have just watched it and thought it was Tripe!
            In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I'm chuckling at the thought of this ^^^^ lot making a TV programme together. Not sure whether it would end up like Blue Peter, Gardener's World outtakes or something to be shown after the watershed.
              Deffo after the watershed, a bit like The Gardeners Rest with the blues.

Potty
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• WHERE IS THE LOVE????? Or the JOY or the FUN? They took a big needle and sucked out all that is good about gardening, about growing, about little seedling poking though! Where were all the smiling faces and the proud grins and the pats on the back because of the achieving all that they have achieved? Did you look behind the muppets chuntering away to see the lovely stuff they'd managed to grow when they weren't having a bad day and/or arguing? What a big, big shame Gardening makes me happy, small things amuse small minds as they say, and it doesn't take much to get a big grin from one of my ears to another. It's a shame the people featured forgot why they grew stuff sighs
                You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I'm chuckling at the thought of this ^^^^ lot making a TV programme together. Not sure whether it would end up like Blue Peter, Gardener's World outtakes or something to be shown after the watershed.
                  Would make gorgeous tv that...seriously.
                  Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Forget the wars and just share knowledge. TV gardening can be interesting: Sean's Allotment Garden (2013) - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                      To be fair I have just watched it and thought it was Tripe!
                      No Darcy, I definitely wasn't on it....
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                        I guess a lot of it is 'all in the editing'......
                        Totally.. my place is being filmed as part of a new documentry for bbc3 coming out in a couple of months. They're all <words I cannot use on this forum>, dirty, rude, arrogant etc. The CEO.. well..

However, on the edits, the sun shines out of this place's backside.

Comment

• One thing that has just struck me about the program is that for the most parts the sites they visited were very pretty - I know that lady's shed was a bit OTT for an allotment shed but it wasn't ugly..

Campaigners use computer wizardry in allotment fight - Manchester Evening News
                          This story shows what some people think allotments look like.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehortchannel View Post
                            The Essex girls and the Bill & Ben Man/Janet are pleased with the show. The two gentlemen in the North for fumming - they have their AGM tonight as well! They were both put forward for the show by their own committee!
                            Interesting, I only managed to watch the two women from Essex before I bailed and went to bed (have the rest of it on record but not watched it yet) and had already been shouting at the TV about how badly they were coming over. Yes, she had put effort into making her shed as she wanted it but it was to the point that it wasn't really a shed and certainly not a lottie space and was ridiculously fluffy for a grown woman. Whilst she shouldn't have it broken into, I'm hardly surprised (sad I know but you have to be realistic and at least the person who was breaking in didn't appear to be making a mess or using any of the candles she actually liked!) but to be honest I was more surprised by the lack of any gardening going on. Quite how you find time to relax with candles in your shed while writing is beyond me although am guessing that you can't do much gardening with nails like that. However I think the bit that really had me shouting was when her and her mate went off wandering round looking for somebody that might be the person who broke in and we had the farcical moment where they were getting suspicious of a guy delivering pamphlets as well as sniffing a sheet they found in the woods. Suppose that the programme did what it set out for though as we're all talking about it!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I wonder if the intruder in the Essex girls shed filled out their questionnaire?

Comment

• Have there been any more episodes? I thought there were 3 but can't see it in the schedules on BBC Wales tonight? Not that I want to watch it - just curious!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X