Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Resolutions - somebody had to ask!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me a little while to think about the words - watch this space!! Its time to do something different in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      Fully expected a "BAZINGA" there BB.

No need Flo I got that covered on every post see my avatar
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I have decided to explore my more spiritual side, got back into my yoga big time in 2012 after a hip injury so this year I am going to embrace that more.

Also, hubby and I are going to get out into nature more . Got to be out in it to experience it!
        Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

To be more patient with learner drivers...I've been making the same resolution for about 6 years now and although I'm better than I was, my blood still boils from time to time (crawling along at <20mph on a road with a speed limit of 50mph, in good conditions but where overtaking would be too dangerous would be a prime example - yes they have to learn but surely it makes sense to build confidence on slower roads before proceeding to ones that SHOULD be faster moving?)

Yes, I still have work to do on that one...

Comment

none as such,as they only get broken,buuuuut,i definately are going to loose some weight,now the silly season is out the way.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My 1959 Morris Minor 1000 will be on the road by May (does a dream count as a resolution?)
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Dieting - New Year Resolutions

2009: I will get my weight down below 180 pounds.
                2010: I will follow my new diet religiously until I get below 200 pounds.
                2011: I will develop a realistic attitude about my weight.
                2012: I will work out 3 days a week.
                2013: I will try to drive past a gym at least once a week.

Comment

Comment

New Year's Resolutions by Fido

I will not bark each time I see or hear a dog on TV.
                    I will not steal underwear belonging to my mistress and then dance all over the back yard with it.
                    I will not chew red crayons or pens, because my master will think that I am haemorrhaging.
                    I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
                    I must shake the rainwater out of my coat BEFORE I enter the house.

Comment

I've only really a couple..

1) Try and compost everything I can.. as of late I've been throwing a lot of compostable things away as my daleks are full, so I'm going to solve this by getting a mid-way bin to hold my green waste whilst my daleks rot down.. i.e. from the compost caddy -> slightly larger compost caddy -> daleks when room - it should help me rotate them a bit more too).

2) Try and lengthen my fuse. It's been a tad short recently

Comment

Originally posted by Andromeda View Post
                        To be more patient with learner drivers...I've been making the same resolution for about 6 years now and although I'm better than I was, my blood still boils from time to time (crawling along at <20mph on a road with a speed limit of 50mph, in good conditions but where overtaking would be too dangerous would be a prime example - yes they have to learn but surely it makes sense to build confidence on slower roads before proceeding to ones that SHOULD be faster moving?)

Yes, I still have work to do on that one...

After having some jumped up tee double you ay tee jump out of his car, run over to me when I was learning and scream and shout at me until he was red in the face (my instructor, lady btw was ace - she got out of the car and calmly tore him a new bottom by explaining that everyone has to learn, if you are late you should have been better prepared and leave earlier).

So from that day, I've taken her POV - I leave learners a lot of space when behind them (it annoys my wife - and probably the people behind me, but at least if they stall, I can continue to drive forward and by the time I've caught up with them they're usually on their way again), or if I'm in front of one I'll slow down and when they've stopped I'll roll on a bit forward (more so as if they don't leave enough space and slip off the clutch!).

I wasn't a bad learner btw, passed first time, 1 minor (gear changing) - I was merely doing the speed limit, and dropped to 20 before the 20mph zone came in Said <something>jockey almost went into the back of me because of it heh.

Comment

To be a more active grape - to make more regular appearances on here. To get my backside on the allotment.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I think mine is going to be attempting this......

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nge_69255.html

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Top 10 New Year Resolutions illustrated by cats

Comment

To be a better person with a scattering of random acts of kindness.... sounds good doesn't it!!
                                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X