No announcement yet.

Unfinished Business

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a load of unfinished things needing done but they will need to remain unfinished for the forseeable future while we look after my Dad.

One job that might get done is re roofing the smaller greenhouse on the plot, rumour has it my Stepdaughter has bought us a wee generator for xmas, they are on their way from Ireland and we'll find out tomorrow That would make the roofing job sooooo much easier.
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

This morning I got my old meccano out, found just the right sized screw and square nut to fix the back door, ever since we moved in you've had to lift the handle to close it, over 4 years in fact, missing this tiny screw - random boxing day DIY time, i also found a leak in the garage, and have tacked an old compost bag over the hole its where the 'shed' is attached to the garage, the felt inbetween has sort of split/rotted/disintegrated and come away from the asbestos (which could be concrete sheet, i'm not sure) its not a small hole! until the new year, when I shall contact the landlord (not on boxing day - we dont want any rent inceases! )

As far as things that I should have done, the raised beds in the garden are as they were when it all ended, they need tidying, the garden in general does, i blame the weather!

Ive got nothing else in the pipeline, I have to get everything done whilst its on my mind or i have trouble sleeping.
      Just take each new day as it comes!

actually ive just remembered the shed roof is leaking up the lottie, i need supplies to rectify that, and a break in the weather so we wont worry about that!
      <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

I need to finish building my kitchen, I am so close so what exactly am I waiting for?
        Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

I have loads of jobs in progress, to type all of them would take a long time but here are a few!
          finish sewing the netting
          finish chainmaille
          cross-stitch for nephew-to be
          advent calendar for nephew-to-be
          top-up the loft insulation
          tidy my sisters garage and take stuff to dump for her
          at some point I'll get round to finishing the decorating and other minor bits and bobs!

oh to not have to work so I can get some bits finished!

Comment

Finish cutting hedges then trim trees & turn over raised beds for SiL
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I have a lot of alcohol to drink before 2013 or it will spoil.

Comment

Whole house to finish renovating, and garden to sort out. It was all put on hold this year as I had a friend and her baby living with me for most of it. Which is also why I've been missing from the vine. I lost my allotment and all my gardening stuff as well.

2013 has to be better :-)
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

I NEEEEEEED to win the lottery. Soon. Please.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Does it count as unfinished if it hasn't been started yet??? As i know what needs to be done and started, but to another eye it might look fine! Lots to start before I can get em finished
                    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                      Does it count as unfinished if it hasn't been started yet??? As i know what needs to be done and started, but to another eye it might look fine! Lots to start before I can get em finished
                      course it does .

Comment

Work, well that's the plan anyway.
                        The cats' valet.

Comment

Too many things here too! Inside....well need to get a new stove top and might as well get an oven before that goes. I could paint the hall....ask me in winter when it's too cold to go out.
                          Get my office and my own room spic n span!

Outside, get the gardens sorted properly, and the water set to keep them that way.
                          Then do the fencing for the fruit n nut forest, and get the windbreak, support trees in.

In the paddocks. Get the fencing down that's going. Get the metal people to come and pick up all the metal (2 yrs I've been waiting) Put up some portable electric fencing.

Get the weeds under a little more control out there.

Get some revegging done.

Fill in the holes in the driveway before we get any more rain.

That'll do for a start?
                          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X