Xmas hat/sweater/gloves/scalf???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas hat/sweater/gloves/scalf???

Go on..post what your rellies have made for you!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

My MiL used to fancy herself as a potter. Every year she would give me one of her works - a mug, so thick that you could hardly get the rim between your lips, the ashtray with my name on it (I don't smoke but she did), the candlestick with a slight lean so that the wax dripped on the table rather than ran down the candle, numerous shapeless blobs that could, at best, be used as doorstops. She meant well though and I wouldn't have hurt her feelings so these objects would be out on view all year round. When she died I offered them to her daughter, as a memento - she said something like - you have to be joking, you think I want more ashtrays!
    And so, one day, they disappeared in a cloud of clay and misplaced glaze. RIP Mo.

Comment

None of my relatives have ever made me anything that I remember, as far as Christmas is concerned. I'm disappointed.....I'd like something hand made....

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
        None of my relatives have ever made me anything that I remember, as far as Christmas is concerned. I'm disappointed.....I'd like something hand made....
        Same here Taff but we did used to get handmade cards from our grandkids were little.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Nothing thank goodness as they are terrible knitters
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

nothing here either,it's been the other way round,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm knitting my son a Saints scarf....although its red and white, its not particularly festive....and is about the limit of my knitting skills!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X