X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lie.

You never grew up!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Apart from the standard chicken, pork, beef, lamb etc we often eat goat and ostrich from our local Farmers Market. We have also bought plenty of venison off them and one of the stalls had various other unusual meats the other week. Would have tried the squirrel but unfortunately they'd ran out by the time we got there. When in China I ate donkey but turned down the kind offer of dog as it was a horrible greasy stew - yuk. I don't have a problem with eating any type of meat although have made a conscious effort to ensure it lives and dies properly and would rather avoid eating it otherwise.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Alison- I too would like to try squirrel.
        Certainly not red squirrel though ( there are no grey squirrels in France)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

OK.....Elk much sweeter and more tender than reindeer.

No ides of the cuts etc...but I'd go for Elk now in preference!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My pal at work is married to an Italian girl. They kindly invited me and Mrs Vince round her parents for a party in the summer, and there was the usual pasta with tomatoey ragu to start...with little bits of meat not unlike chicken leg meat. Was very nice and turns out her dad shoots the squirrels that go after his walnut tree and eats em!
            Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Also, went to the Cambridge beer festival in the summer. It's got to be the best Beer Fest in East Anglia - aside from the beer, the food available is fantastic. For me it's usually a speciality sausage of some sort about 11:30 then a cheese and ham plate a short while before the first session closes.

There was a braai type stall there and I had was was puported to be a giraffe sausage! Do the Boks farm giraffe for meat?!! Or do they hunt it in the wild for meat maybe??
              Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince G View Post
                I had what was purported to be a giraffe sausage!
                Good Grief....the roll must have been huge!
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X