No announcement yet.

Giant Brussell Sprouts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're weird Mikey If you ever track down a Giant BS you'll have to start it cooking mid-summer

Comment

Ahh, thanks VC, you do say the nicest things.

I'd happily cook them all year round me.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by mrswadders View Post
        my son could eat a whole sackful to himself!!! always has loved them, althogh god forbid if I did anything but steam them - can't be doing with messing with a perfectly good sprout!
        I like the way your son thinks! I love sprouts...raw or cooked!

Comment

Ere yer go Mikey ....................

It came in at 0.68kg (1 1/2lb) grown in Devon
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

And a little more research has produced ..................

Organic Vegetable Systems Studies - News

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
              I heard yesterday on the radio that someone had been creating a giant brussell sprout, where 8 would feed a family of 4. It was on radio 2, but I can't find any reference to it online does anyone know what they are called.?
              Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
              Ere yer go Mikey ....................

It came in at 0.68kg (1 1/2lb) grown in Devon
              Are they seriously saying that a family of four would eat 8 of those Hoooge "sprouts"? Three pounds of cabbage each

Comment

Dunno if it's the same as on radio 2 VC,I was searching Brussels Sprouts with various prefixes

Comment

Mikey does have a large appetite for all things sprouty So he probably could knock back several of those

Comment

Our 'sprouts' are about the size of peas!!!!( 12 plants!)...bet they are sweet and yummy!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

At the end of the article you found is
                      "The Farley sprout has a long way to go beat the world record for the heaviest brussels sprout, which was grown in October 1992. That specimen, weighing an astonishing 18lb 3oz, was produced by Bernard Lavery of Llanharry, near Bridgend. "
                      That's not a million miles away from Mikey
                      Eat 2 of those bach!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Our 'sprouts' are about the size of peas!!!!( 12 plants!)...bet they are sweet and yummy!
                        I've got 3 plants with marble sized sprouts on so we're saving them to go with Christmas dinner. we might just get a mouthful each if i pad them out with leeks and bacon like Mikey's recipe.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I was watching Gino D'Campo t'other day & he did a couple of sprouts recipes ..........

Festive sprout gratin | Gino D'Acampo - ITV Food

Can't find the one he did uner the grill in betchimel sauce yet

Comment

I love sprouts but as I've mentioned on other threads mine turned out to be cauliflowers this year so I've had to buy a couple of stalks today for Christmas. I prefer them just simply (and lightly) steamed but also love bubble and squeak and did them stir fried with bacon bits and chestnuts which was very nice.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X