Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goo goo dolls - iris

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw

Well that didn't work BM I really am cr@p at this technology/ computer/iPad stuff
    Last edited by Small pumpkin; 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• The cult - she sell sanctuary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8mWG6HlmU

Comment

• I know this is an old thread, but I've just been introduced to this goose bump inducing, fantastic song.
        Just had to share it with all you music lovers.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Comment

• ^^^^^Have to say I prefer the original by S&G......
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Yep, sorry SP but potty is right, Garfunkel owned this song, so much so that Simon (who wrote it) disolved the partnership, which was sad given the great music they had made together
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• I've just looked up when S&g released the original.
              It was 8 years before I was born

Comment

• Don't get me wrong I didn't think this new version was original in any way. I knew about S& G getting there first. But I just don't like it

Comment

• Tell yer what though, lots of younger peeps never realised when it was released that this ...

Was actually a cover of ...

OK, I admit that I vastly prefer the original, but the Bangles cut has it's own virtues & it was a bold move to make it, so 'big up's' to them

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    Don't get me wrong I didn't think this new version was original in any way. I knew about S& G getting there first. But I just don't like it
                    Fair enough SP, I dare say the original was 'of it's day', there have been many 'covers' of many songs, most if not all have merits in their own right.

I bet there are more that can remember ...

than that released many years earlier as a "B" side ...

Again I prefer the older one, but, Kiss made it fun & modern (at the time) that & you gotta lurve the make-up

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      Don't get me wrong I didn't think this new version was original in any way. I knew about S& G getting there first. But I just don't like it
                      Fair enough SP, without pesonal appreciation of different 'styles', we would all be listening to Max Bygraves

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        fair enough sp, without pesonal appreciation of different 'styles', we would all be listening to max bygraves
                        hell no !!

I completely agree with you about kiss / argent. Original much better song. I was only one But glam rock...............rocks

Comment

• Why would I prefer the original, quite simple whilst you were not yet born I was 18 (that makes me very old) and the memories the music of that era invokes are very special.

Apart from that I am a grumpy old git and like all grumpy old gits before me the music of my youth was and always will be much better than what's produced today.

By the way Dad was a Max Bygraves fan and detested the stuff I listened to. I took the Animals House of the Rising Sun home...........Dad snapped that in half after all it's about a brothel...........
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Another comparison would be action

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhYBJks205Q

And the original

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zM0IWyQ5zcg

Comment

• I was looking for a track to start Hazel's 'ball of string' rolling & found this by accident, it's an excellent 'cover' .......

Comment

• As I have a leaning towards Heavy Rock I think this cover far exceeds the original...............now going off to hide in a cupboard.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X