Hoax call sadness

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
    But who is laughing now BM? Actions have consequences. They have now learned this the hard way.
    And lets hope lessons have been learned and is never repeated.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Although I fully agree with what you say, Prince Charles saw the funny side of it.
      Yes, and good of him, too!

On the subject of the Nurse. I can't help thinking there must have been underlying problems, already. I don't believe anyone of sound mind, would get that upset over the phone call. Yes, it would be upsetting to fall for something like that, but topping yourself!!!?
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        Yes, and good of him, too!

On the subject of the Nurse. I can't help thinking there must have been underlying problems, already. I don't believe anyone of sound mind, would get that upset over the phone call. Yes, it would be upsetting to fall for something like that, but topping yourself!!!?
        It's difficult to comprehend G4 but to leave a husband & 2 kids she must have been in a right state. So much so she couldn't talk to anyone.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

What an awful mess I agree with G4 that surely there were underlying issues with that poor lady.

I feel quite sorry for the Aussie DJs too. I think most of us have made a faux pas thinking we were being funny when we weren't. That doesn't generally end in someone else taking their own life though. They'll have to live with the consequences of a daft prank fpr the rest of their lives
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

How very, very sad.

I think Glutton could be right though, sounds like this could probably just have been the icing on the cake for this poor woman. As bad as it would make you feel, I don't imagine most people would have taken such drastic action.
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
              How very, very sad.

I think Glutton could be right though, sounds like this could probably just have been the icing on the cake for this poor woman. As bad as it would make you feel, I don't imagine most people would have taken such drastic action.
              Although in general I would agree but look at Gary Speed.....a lovely wife & family, no money worries, a fantastic career.......yet..............another tragic loss.

Comment

You prove the point BM Gary Speed so far has we know had everything to live for. But there must have been a serious unseen problem for him to take his own life.

Like others I think the telephone call was the straw that broke the camels back.

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Most of us can never imagine taking such a final step, but it happens all too often, to seemingly ordinary people. Its a dreadful business, not just for the person, but for those they leave behind, always wondering whether they were partly responsible. I feel for everyone who knew this lady and for those who will now be held to blame for her actions.
                  I hope that nobody here will ever feel so low that there is only one way out - talk it over, ring Samaritans, think of those you'd leave behind. Life really is worth living.

Comment

That sort of pranking is totally tasteless even without any of the consequences. As far as the aussies feeling guilty, well only those who do this, or listen to it should. Same thing really as listening in on people's private phone calls using equipment etc. which seems to be what the papparazzi does in the UK and America. We don't keep our celebrities at home much so we don't have so much hassle with them usually.
                    Seriously as a nurse, privacy is the hugest issue! In a public hospital it is a sackable offence to give out any information. We get people ringing up - is so and so in having their baby, they're not answering their phone? One of the questions at interview here is 'What would you say to someone in woollies (sainsbury's) if they asked about a patient of yours, because they know you're a nurse at the hospital.' And I once did a couple of shifts in a private hospital that did face lifts among other things and the amount of press that ring there in the odd hours of the night....is that not a dead giveaway?

As for the nurse. like anyone else who takes their life, it's shocking and pointless to everyone else, but she must have had trouble coping at the time, because it would have died down, and she would have gotten another job after completing a course related to privacy. I feel sorry for people who take their own lives, but I do feel sorrier for those around them as it never seems warranted to them.
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      I'm not talking about ward receptionist Wendy, I was thinking hospital switchboard. Obviously Private & NHS hospitals run in different ways.
                      I see what you mean. I did wonder why she was answering the phone for the hospital but of course it must have been the ward phone. How did the call get to the ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                        You prove the point BM Gary Speed so far has we know had everything to live for. But there must have been a serious unseen problem for him to take his own life.

Like others I think the telephone call was the straw that broke the camels back.

Colin

Totally agree Colin, there must be some mechanism in the brain that when you overload it you must just go into self destruct. It must be a real scary & lonely place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                          I see what you mean. I did wonder why she was answering the phone for the hospital but of course it must have been the ward phone. How did the call get to the ward?
                          Without knowing the logistics of the hospital, one would assume that there is just the one phone that is then transferred to individual rooms.........

Comment

No it was not the ward phone. She put the call through to the nurse looking after Kate it was this nurse that gave out the information. Not the poor soul who took her own life.

Colin
                            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Whatever way it happened, it's just a shame that people are in that state of mind that they can't cope when things get out of hand at times.
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Whatever the reasons, and I do agree with glutton, it's a terrible tragedy. It will affect a huge number of people for the rest of their lives. All for a cheap joke.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X