Ugly Veg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes EU stew...wish away
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Ah, Ceul, I like a nice pot of Ceul and a bread roll.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Here we go again
        Fancy fallen tomatoes? Coming in a bag in a supermarket near you | Environment | theguardian.com
        I like the way they're calling them "Limited Selection" and charging £2.99 a kilo

Comment

I think we get very used to our 'non perfect 'veg in grow your own. It's the getting the dodgy bits off to make things edible and checking for live things that takes the time.Sometimes not noticed till they float to the top of the pan( caterpillars) and unfortunately occasionally by the kids on their plates!
          Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Originally posted by Ja9 View Post
            I think we get very used to our 'non perfect 'veg in grow your own. It's the getting the dodgy bits off to make things edible and checking for live things that takes the time.Sometimes not noticed till they float to the top of the pan( caterpillars) and unfortunately occasionally by the kids on their plates!
            Just tell them it good healthy protein
            Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

I do,have been known to cover black fly on sprouts with lots of gravy...no chance of being veggie in our house!
              Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Anyone who has grown fruit or vegetables for more than a season will now that 'wonky', blemished produce is the norm.

It may be misshapen but its natural and its what Mother Nature intended.

I, as anyone of us, can go into a supermarket and see row upon row of regimented 'perfect' shaped fruit and vegetables. How have they done this? Either they've thrown away 90%! or Mother Nature has been 'manipulated' ...

The last time I bought some supermarket apples (more fool me) we only had one and threw the rest out. The blackbirds wouldn't touch them! which hardly inspires confidence.
                Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Misshapen Veg on sale in a supermarket near you - perhaps

Jamie Oliver leads drive to buy misshapen fruit and vegetables | Life and style | The Guardian

Comment

If I refused to eat my ugly, deformed, strangely coloured home grown I just wouldn't eat! People come in all shapes, colours, and temprements so my motto is 'Accept All Refuse None'
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

There also seems to be confusion in the media about strangely shaped veg and manky produce. The first is fine and doesn't mean the second. However if it's off then it's not good for eating regardless of its appearance.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Quite right too. Scandalous to waste perfectly good food when so many in this country are struggling and so many in the world are starving.
                        And it is 'perfectly good food'. It cooks the same, tastes the same and the nutrient content is the same.
                        Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                        Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X