Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you want to donate to a food bank this weekend? (1st & 2nd Dec)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you want to donate to a food bank this weekend? (1st & 2nd Dec)

The Trussell Trust | Help feed people in need appeal
    Attached Files
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

What a good idea! Thanks for reminding us what the true Christmas is all about
    Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Is it just me being a wee bit cynical about Tesco here? Pick up a shopping list in store, buy a few items from the list and leave them for the charity.
      I support the idea of Foodbanks but I'd rather choose where I shop for the goods.

Comment

THe supermarkets throw out so much food.........last year the local ms threw away loads of fresh turkeys....customers were even volunteering to take them to the homeless shelters but they wouldn't oblige....

I do support food banks though......

Loving my allotment!

Comment

I don't think you need to buy from tesco, just pop in there to donate....... well that's my plan anyway

The shopping list is on their website The Trussell Trust | Help feed people in need appeal
          My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

We have an all-year-round collection at work, but thanks for promoting this one TS.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I'd rather choose where I shop for the goods.
              Yeah, me too.

However, this has the aim of opening the eyes of Tesco shoppers (hopefully) who've probably never even heard of food banks.
              Also, Tesco will add 30% to donations

Comment

I've just been through the cupboards and found (still in date!) tuna, instant pasta*, honey that we won't use, so I'll take that along with me too

*I don't like them myself, but lots of people in need don't have the facilities to make a dish from scratch, so "just add water" is ideal
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Collection dates and places are at The Trussell Trust | Foodbank Projects
                  Asbo and Sainsbugs also have collections on different dates, if anyone has missed this weekend at Tosco.

Comment

Found out when I arrived to do the shopping so added an extra item and donated it. T had 2 staff manning the area and were being kept busy by lots of donations (there was a queue!)

TBH I wouldn't have had a clue as to how to donate to a local FB otherwise.
                    The cats' valet.

Comment

Thought it was great idea, and definitely raises awareness. Will look into these food banks to donate more regularly. It must be good if tescs are adding 30% more .
                      Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X