No announcement yet.

Why don't they invent.......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After what happened, that's completely understandable Jules, I'm just a wimp
    I'll have another try at the light bulbs in a minute - I can't let a bit of glass and a few steps get the better of me

Comment

You're not alone. I know just how you feel. For what it's worth, I'll be mentally holding your hand!
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Thanks Jules, but I need that one to hang onto the ladder. Now if someone could just steady my legs..........

Comment

If you are frightened on a ladder and are at risk of falling in a moment of panic, take a word of advice from someone who fell recently. Step away from the ladder before you get hurt. Swallow your pride. Ask the nice man who lives next door or down the street a wee bit to come do this wee job for you and then reward him afterwards . Nice bottle of wine should encourage him to come again if you need him. The other alternative is to buy a platform type ladder similar to that used by gardeners when cutting hedges (when not standing on top of wheelie bins) which you can climb on to from a step ladder on to a stable base with secure hand holds if you need them.

Bottom line though, don't take un-necessary risks. Not worth it just for a wee bit loss of face if you have to admit you aren't comfortable on a stepladder.

Comment

Thanks AP, I just don't like being a bother My neighbour next door would come in willingly and bring his own wine But I don't have an evening to spare..........

Comment

Try changing the bulb with a rubber glove on, VC. I find it helps with the grip.
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Thanks AP, I just don't like being a bother My neighbour next door would come in willingly and bring his own wine But I don't have an evening to spare..........
                Be a bother sweetie. Your neighbour won't mind. We men really like to be thought to be useful and if he'll do it without the wine, so much the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                  Try changing the bulb with a rubber glove on, VC. I find it helps with the grip.
                  Will the light shine through?

Comment

Bottom line though, don't take un-necessary risks. Not worth it just for a wee bit loss of face if you have to admit you aren't comfortable on a stepladder.
                    Yeah, wot he said !

In 25 years of doing voluntary work, I have only once worked on ladders - and every time I have gone up a ladder to do work on my own behalf, I have been reminded why the organisations I work with don't like any of their workers to go up ladders. If you need a ladder, you need a platform, really. It's amazing really (accidentally diverting back to the original topic ) that nobody has invented an actual aluminium mini-tower for use indoors, like a heavy duty professional decorator's work ladder but just with a fold up platform on the top - basically a larger version of these 3 step step ladders you get for kitchen use, with cross pieces to hold them folded out.
                    Hey AP - you could bolt a couple of old ladders onto a wheelie bin, make a climbing frame for the lottie - what d'you reckon ? Or maybe it comes too close to zimmer frame-ism...
                    Last edited by snohare; 28-11-2012, 12:01 PM.
                    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

like this? WERNER Utility Platform Stepladder, Alum, 5 1/2Ft - Step Stools - 4XN55|265 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Comment

Pros of Platform Step Ladders Revealed for the positives

Comment

Cons of Platform Step Ladders Exposed for the negatives

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Duh....ask him to change the lightbulbs just now...and fix a cancel-able evening for another day....unless you find you really would like his company.
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Thank you all for your advice and moral support I've changed a 3rd bulb and removed the 4th that I couldn't shift last night - now I need to buy another bulb or 3 and my world with be full of sweetness and Light
                              I've also learnt that a suction light bulb puller is not really a "puller" but a twister - as pulling on the bulb merely loosens the complete fitting from the ceiling Don't think it will show too much
                              I'm now recovering with a mince pie!!

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                                Duh....ask him to change the lightbulbs just now...and fix a cancel-able evening for another day....unless you find you really would like his company.
                                His wife is always pleased when he goes next door too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X