Alys Fowler

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    Just my opinion VC,no offence intended,currently reading from local library... the thrifty forager ... who would have thought hosta were edible
    Slugs?????

Comment

I must have a good look at the book again - I have it but its elsewhere
      Very like the James Wong book, there are lots of quite ordinary garden plants that are edible - he highlights dahlia tubers. I eat Day Lilies
      Alys, and others, open our eyes to growing edible, ornamentals, and that has to be worth more than a Box of Frogs

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Slugs?????

Check page 30 Zaz

Seems Stephen (husband/boyfriend ?) makes "Hostakopita" = Greek spinach pie (spanikopita) but using hosta as a substitute
        Last edited by zazen999; 26-11-2012, 09:00 PM. Reason: oops
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          Check page 30 Zaz

Seems Stephen (husband/boyfriend ?) makes "Hostakopita" = Greek spinach pie (spanikopita) but using hosta as a substitute
          I know - I have the book. It is about 4 ft behind me. But right now, I really can't be arsed to get up and get it.

Sorry.

Comment

lol
            Last edited by chris; 26-11-2012, 09:02 PM. Reason: wrong smiley

Comment

it's all good

The book is actually far more interesting than I thought it would be when I picked it off the library shelf,think I might well end up buying it to have "on hand" for future reference

Comment

It's £4.99 at The Works BB

Comment

i bought it from the book people for £4.99 2 weeks ago
                  In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Cheers peeps loads better than the cover price £16.99

Comment

That's why so many of us have a copy

Comment

BB if you fancy the River Cottage set of books they're on special today for £20 at BookPeople & Alys is £4.99. Buy a book for a £1 and you'll get free postage (over £25).

Comment

My fav' bookshop is Trago Mills,they have loads at good prices on all sorts of subjects & you get to have a "flick through" before buying

Comment

We don't have Trago Mills around here yet - looks as if they're coming to Merthyr some time!

Comment

Yep,seems they have purchased a site & are currently doing pre-construction preparations,if you get near the one at Newton Abbott go outside through the garden sales section & up the bank there are some really nice themed gardens

Comment

I went to one in Plymouth many many years ago - probably before you were born

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X