Got me 'ard 'at on already

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That cat was soooo cuuute!

Mine lot are bleddy nuisances with Christmas paper - always fun Christmas morning but not so clever Christmas Eve. They trashed my dressmaking pattern t'other night!
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Music while they work.........

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Aaahh...that was a bit cool! Like a small version of Stomp!
        Jules

Comment

Well I found it amusing ....................

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

No apologies for showing this seasonal beauty.

Colin
            Attached Files
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I've just had a mailshot from the Royal British Legion with a CD of Chr***mad Music - so Rudolph and his nose are running around the kitchen and through my head

Comment

My Ma phoned this morning. Nothing new there, she phones umpteen times a day. This morning she was harried. She has received several charity mailshots with address stickers, pens, Christmas cards and tags in them. They are all asking for a donation should she choose to use any of the enclosed 'free gifts'. Mum was guilt ridden. Should she just put them in her recycle box, or use them without donating?

I've pointed out that all of the charities have already wasted quite enough of their donations in producing these freebies - it would be wasteful not to use them. However, as she & Dad give monthly to several charities, even if it isn't those charities' mailshots, they've already done their bit.

I hate that kind of thing; trading on the innate good manners and sensitivities of people, making them feel guilty. It's very mean.
                Jules

Comment

Its non-stop barrage from charities at Chr****mad. I give to a couple of charities during the year and what is bugging me at the moment is they keep ringing me to ask whether I'll make a bequest to them in my Will - then apologise if their call is insensitive
                  Tell your Mum to regard anything that comes to her as a gift, like a free sample, and not to worry about making a donation to every charity's emotional blackmail letters..

Comment

I did, Vc. As it says in the mail shots, the enclosed are free gifts.

We donate to three charities. I'm getting cheesed with the regular phone calls asking us to up our donations. They're bloomin' lucky to get what they do get.

I once told off a Poppy seller standing in the supermarket foyer. He asked me to buy a Poppy. I have a gold enamel poppy that I wear every year, and our donation is made by DD. It was on my other jacket and when I said this he looked disbelieving and said 'You youngun's should give generously - we fought wars for you, we did' Well, yes, I know that, Sir. My Grandfather died in one and two cousins in another.....I think my family has already given generously. He did look suitably abashed.

Anyway, I love these...

PS Thanks BB for the How To on posting a video - really enjoyed Judith Durham....
                    Last edited by julesapple; 25-11-2012, 07:40 PM.
                    Jules

Comment

Makes me wonder what percentage of a donation actually gets used for the purpose it was originally given,not much methinks

Comment

*Whistles & walks away >>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

I can soooooo relate to that ^^^^
                          PS I've just received my first CH ******ad card
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 27-11-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Jules

Comment

Jules

Comment

Nutter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X