No announcement yet.

What Colour is Your Livingroom?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah....I know I'm on the losing end of this one. If he thought about it, he'd know it too. He knows I won't stand by and watch him make a mess of good wallpaper or hurt himself in the process.

It's quite funny, cos neither has occurred to him yet....
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
      I'm thinking Wallpapering for Dummies?
      Is there a landing at the top of the stairs,if so where is it relative to the longest drop ?
      Is there a winding stage on the staircase,if so where is it relative to the longest drop ?
      Do you have a ladder ?
      Do you have a step ladder ?
      Do you have any scaffold boards ?
      Do you know how to fold paper intended to be applied to a ceiling ?

Why do you live sooooooo far away ????
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Why paper, then paint over it!? All the walls here were newly papered then painted before we moved in. Surely it's much easier and cheaper to just paint with a roller to hide any imperfections. It's what I've always done.

I love painting, but can't abide the prep or the clearing up!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Going out now will be back later
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Having fun pointing these things out to him. Bless him, he still hasn't twigged.....there is no way on this earth (or any other place) I'm going to let a 16 stone man with spinal problems even so much as sniff the ladder, let alone set foot on it.

I can wallpaper like a professional, me.
            Last edited by julesapple; 22-11-2012, 06:55 PM.
            Jules

Comment

Boring Magnolia here, only because I can never decide on a colour.
              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

In a large windowed room I have a cool grey and off white vaulted ceiling, which makes it quite airy, but it's not the living room. That is painted in a durable sand paint that was lined first (old walls) and to which I added a metallic gold mini pot, so it's taupe coloured but when the light hits it then it changes and has warmth to it. The chimney breast wall has a dark and gold pattern to it, but after papering this room myself each time, I want to paint the majority of it in the future. A really long answer I know, but I look for something on a warm spectrum and you can get greens with a hint of red, which gives them a richer warmth to them. I am not sure it would be my choice for a main use room, but you can upload your room pic to either Crown or Dulux (think it's the latter) and try different colours on it...maybe worth a trial?!
                Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 23-11-2012, 11:21 AM.
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I think the thing I hate about maggot-nolia is that it has a pinkish tinge. I've painted over it in a slightly more buttery yellow colour, to warm it up, in the past. And more of an oatmeal colour, if the room is light enough to take it. You still get the neutral effect but without the 'cheap-and-nastiness' (IMHO) of the original. I think the secret is in coordinating your furnishings.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Oooooo....That's a few times someone has said they've mixed a metallic with an ordinary paint. Liking that idea. Matt or silk paint though?
                    Jules

Comment

My living room is an oatmeally kind of colour with one wall in a bluey colour.

Nice and specific there for you!

I have a bedroom in pale green with one wall in a darker green and gold patterned paper. I love it as it looks out on to trees and lots of greenery on the hill opposite. Kind of brings it into the room!

My mum has a pale apple green in her living room and it IS a fairly cold room.
                      http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Matt or silk paint though?
                        I hate matt paint with a passion: you can't clean it
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I know, but some silks are just tooo shiny. Eggshell, then.

I really fancy having a go at this semi-shimmer effect. Just when I'd said no decorating.....

But he does painting
                          Jules

Comment

Oooooo....That's a few times someone has said they've mixed a metallic with an ordinary paint. Liking that idea. Matt or silk paint though?
                            The paint I chose had sand in it and it's tough as hell. I can wipe at it easily without damaging. Crown Paint I think and looks like suede. If your walls are less than flat a metallic on an already shiny paint, ie. silk may highlight any bumps. If you are painting plasterboard or a lining paper you should be OK. I always opt for silk as it gives a little light reflection and wipes clean much more easily than a matt. Something I have to consider with two dogs and two children, albeit older ones.
                            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I know, but some silks are just tooo shiny. Eggshell, then.

I really fancy having a go at this semi-shimmer effect. Just when I'd said no decorating.....

But he does painting
                              I suggest that you keep stirring occasionally if painting with metallics in order to keep redistributing the sheen through the paint. That's what I did and it worked. The sun is on mine at the moment and it looks like little diamond flecks. Not sure what the effect would be in a flat paint. I'd suggest trying it on a piece of wood before going at whole walls. I used one small gold metallic, Crown effects again I think, but others do it - like B and Q, to each 2.5 litre pot of paint colour.
                              Hope this helps, should you go down that route

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                                I'm the opposite! I hate shiney paint, especially when you can see the paint streaks in it. Matt paint all the way including eggshell on the wood. The kids just have to keep their hands off it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X