How tight are you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are 14% tight...........

"You need to tighten up, you're flushing money down the loo. Thrift is a virtue."

That can't be right........I'm as tight as a ducks ar5e............
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Well it seems I am 14% thrifty & very proud of it I am

I bet he has not got many real mates if these are examples of what to expect on a night out with him ...........

When it's your round in the pub, have you ever manoeuvred yourself so you can't be found?

If splitting the bill based on 'who's had what', have you/would you ever deliberately put in less than you should, knowing everyone will have to split the extra?

If you can't "stand your corner" then just have a night in,how the heck can he have a nice time expecting to be subsidized by friends/colleagues
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

For the Spendthifts on here 24th November is Spend Nothing Day! Buy Nothing Day 2012 - Could You Stop Spending for One Day? | Permaculture Magazine
        I can easily stop for a day but stopping for a month is a step too far !

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          A little test for you to see how frugal you are (Thanks to VVG - who knows me well!)
          How tight are you? Take the MoneySavingExpert.com test to find out
          For the record I score 48% "You're frugal, you're thrifty, but on this site that's a little bit fab."
          I rather like feeling "a little bit fab"
          How fab are you
          I was 42%, as you know VC and I like being somwhere near the middle - feels OK!
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

63% don't know whether to be proud or ashamed!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Round here, people fill there trolly from the cheapie counter, toddles off to a corner of the shop and sort it out, sending the bairns back with pushchairs full of the stuff they don't want!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                For the Spendthifts on here 24th November is Spend Nothing Day! Buy Nothing Day 2012 - Could You Stop Spending for One Day? | Permaculture Magazine
                I can easily stop for a day but stopping for a month is a step too far !
                I've bought nothing since Friday (basic provisions).
                And unless some evil grape flashes a cheap seeds website under my nose I'll buy nothing until this Friday. No shops here...

Stopping for a month? Depends on the month!
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got 38% and to be honest I'd have been ashamed to tick some of the boxes as they weren't all anything about frugalness. Sponging off your mates is not frugal it's just taking advantage. If you go out for a meal and don't want to spend much, tell them and pay for what you eat, same goes with drinks, you pay for what you have. Also don't see why emptying own brand into major brand boxes is frugal, it's just sad, am quite happy to leave them in the original boxes in our house. Don't have left over milk on my cereal either, put on what is needed. Maybe I'm just taking this too seriously

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I was 23% tight. A little loose with my cash apparently

ah well, you cant bring it with ya.....
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

You are 84% tight
                      "Everyone loves a MoneySaver, everyone hates a miser, be careful you don't cross the line with a score like that."

I knew I was tight but
                      An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
                        Oh no I'm 59% tight - I liked the question 'do you follow the man around the supermarket that reduces things' - I'm ashamed to say that's one of my bad habits
                        with any luck that could be you soon....

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                          I've bought nothing since Friday (basic provisions).
                          And unless some evil grape flashes a cheap seeds website under my nose I'll buy nothing until this Friday. No shops here...

Stopping for a month? Depends on the month!
                          Point Taken...........
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

50% but some of the questions werent very applicable, (pub one for example) and , I always give a fair tip in a restaurant, if the service was good, as I know how it make wages up....

Comment

65% for me

Comment

You are 22% tight

"You're a little loose with your cash, a bit of belt tightening wouldn't hurt."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X