Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Composting loo - anyone got one near Oldham?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its the "dreading doing it" that would put people off - like so many things, once you've done it once its not so bad after all

Comment

Very true VC & I've certainly cleaned up much worse in my time.....nappies, dog accidents, chicken sh*t, cats p*ke and worst of all after a teen who has drunk too much
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

We've got one at Gro, it's a double seat one and so one composts whilst the other is being used.

The liquids go to a reed bed so chaps have to sit to go as well as ladies.

We've not emptied it yet. But from what we can see it just looks like - well - compost!

We had the rat blokes in over the last month [the council were a bit wary about mending loads of plumbing pipework before checking for rodents] but there were no signs of rats there at all...so that's excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
          Honestly I was dreading emptying ours and it was not at all a horrible job. Just slid the bin out (obviously wearing gloves!!) and tipped the contents out which had composted - no identifying matter whatsoever no smell, no flies....
          Thanks! That's the sort of thing I keep hearing - that it's not an issue.

I am hoping the guy at Salford will get back to me about coming over and actually confirming this with our group - and then he can answer questions. What he initially has said that even during the hottest bit of summer there were no issues with flies or smells. That to me sounds brill.

I can always grab some videos maybe and show these on a laptop at the meeting - there's one where the woman has a good sniff and declares it unsmelly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X