No announcement yet.

The Moneyless Manifesto

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did flick through bits of it and was reminded of when I spent a few years in a remote area of Spain; a well for water and no mains electricity, post collection from the post office in the nearest village, take your rubbish a couple of miles to the nearest communal skip. A mud/dust track for a road (depending on the time of year). In Spain everone raids communal skips; a sensible idea, less for the binmen to take away. I even knew an old man who made his tiny wife a ladder to help her after she fell in one.

I can't really see the writers dreams becoming reality however unless the population is vastly reduced.

Comment

I ask for discounts *everywhere*.

Even in supermarkets. More often than not, I get them too. This week I got discount by just being purely cheeky (lady was marking sarnies down, so I had can you do this one (that had just been put out ). She replied that she was a manager, and so I replied, "well you have the authority to do it - and plus it's my birthday (it isn't )). So I got it for £1 instead of £2.50.

Infact, I did it for my last haircut too, and got the card transaction fee waived (didn't have any cash!).

My father is worse, he'll give them his whole life story, but it works!

Edit: I grew up in Saudi Arabia - where you bartered for everything... so it just stuck. Infact, I've even done it with Abel and Cole
      Last edited by chris; 09-11-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Well we have the wind here, and the sun, but the wind turbines and solar panels are out of my reach, and the electricity is skyrocketing so I'm actually thinking that we need to work out a way to totally minimise our electricity needs. Cooking is a pain without it, or gas. And the computers will need to stay on. But what else can we do without....

We already have to take our rubbish to the tip and sort our own recycling, and apart from the 'good' stuff which people leave next to the skip, we usually drive out past the metal and wood sections jic.

We swap food when we've got gluts. And I swap alternative therapy stuff for other things.
        I'm taking someone's rubbish to the tip tomorrow as I want to borrow their trailer

The vet doesn't do barter tho
        Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X