No announcement yet.

its official my wife is amazing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's nice to hear DV - a man who realises what a gem he's got!

And whoa, your wife seems to have caught the bug now! You may have to put your own name down for another plot since she seems to have seen the light and be taking over yours! If you have children you may want to book them into childcare as she won't have as much time now
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

ok ok i lied i made a bread pudding and a batch of welsh cakes

and this is my third bed done again by my wifey x
      Attached Files
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Darcy - she's obviously a gem and I'm glad you know it!

Better watch out though - girlies are the master race - they just have the knack of allowing men to think that 'they' are - you'd best be prepared for a take-over of your lottie next year - hehe!

You look like a pretty fine master baker yourself.

Nice job Mrs Darcy!
        Last edited by quark1; 16-10-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Dude when I make a batch of welshcakes, there is normally about 25, did you get hungry?
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

i only made a small lot as they would have gone down to well something about warm welsh cakes and a cup of tea that turns me into a greedy monster welsh people will totally understand why

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
              i only made a small lot as they would have gone down to well something about warm welsh cakes and a cup of tea that turns me into a greedy monster welsh people will totally understand why
              I've never been a big fan of warm welshcakes, they are always slightly undercooked. I prefer to close them into a tupperware box while still slightly warm, they steam a little but reabsorb the moisture over the next 24 hours.

I can't stand a dry welshcake. The best commercial welshcakes I've ever tasted are made by a company called Maddocks, they are almost as good as my own.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

DARCY,any time you both fancy a working holiday,i can chilld mind
                just thought i would get in first,i can offer you an ensuit bathroom all to yourselves,with views over the rear garden,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

ok another day another bed think she may have got the fever now

starting to look good im glad i managed to clear the overgrowth my op otherwise it would have never been turned this side of ch*****as
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back to the Welsh cakes, darcy. I think you may be losing your allotement soon

Comment

i knew a long time ago i lost my plot

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
                        ok another day another bed think she may have got the fever now

starting to look good im glad i managed to clear the overgrowth my op otherwise it would have never been turned this side of ch*****as

Its looking good Darcy have you or your wife covered those beds with something like cardboard to keep the weeds down.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

when i took the plot on i strimmed and dug the brambles out well what i could then covered over to stop more growth i had my op after 2 weeks of taking on the plot so the progress stopped that was mid august or there about

my wife has gone up and sorted out what was left from that we now have four beds ready for spring (again covered over to stop anymore growth) it will be turned again early spring hopefully by me as its clay''ish'' soil i will then add some compost while turning

four beds are better than none hope fully she can do between 2-4 more beds then that will be 75% of the plot dug over they will indeed be covered until about a week before we need them

Comment

Looks like you've a difficult plot with some gradient to cope with - no wonder you've gone for retaining beds. You'll probably be the envy of us all next year! Just look forward to that home grown, home cooked first meal where all the blood, sweat, tears and love produce one of your scrummiest meals ever.

Comment

oh my god she is on fire this week only went and landed herself a job in cardiff

Comment

Congratulations Mrs Darcy Watch out for the Cardiffians though - they're a funny bunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X