Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Tractor, help needed with wheels ...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have him shot, TS!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Its a good job you hadn't asked him to do anything complicated!

Comment

Screw a wheelie bin to the back (with big washers to spread the load) and as well as having wheels for your contraption you'll have a handy place to store your cavy food,straw etc!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Screw a wheelie bin to the back ... you'll have a handy place to store your

interfering husband !
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It'll be fixable, TS.
            Surely what it is the art of a Man to break, is not beyond the wit of a Woman to fix ?
            Some Poundland superglue and a patch (or a tiny tin of bitumenous paint from B&Q and a scrap of anything flexible and waterproof), a couple of wee screws and pieces of wood to cover the hole...
            What's wrong with the drill ? What model is it ?
            <snohare goes into Mr Fix-it mode, drills tail, sets fire to fur, etc etc>
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Is this you Sno? Reg Prescot Makes a Cabinet - YouTube

Comment

My secret is out ! Reg was a fine man, he taught me all I know.
                Actually, I do have a friend who says his blood runs cold when he sees me with a naked blade in my hand...and given my record of accidents over the years, I rather see his point. But then again, he gets me to do all the joinery work he needs doing...
                You do need some experience, because that tells you what tools are best for different jobs, and what components are too weak, or which designs succumb to stress. But mostly, joinery is about having the right posture when using the tools, and having a clear mental image of the sequence of actions that you need to do in order to achieve the end result. If you do not have a clear end result in mind, or don't think through the problems of putting components on when something else is in the way, you get problems. I always make a written diagram, or occasionally make paper models out of squared paper.
                (Why, I even give joinery lessons to my fellow Conservation Volunteers. When I mentioned the importance of physical positioning as we were fixing a roof, the old jack-of-all-trades of the group even agreed with me - he said, "Yes, best to be running away when he is above you"... )
                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud ( everyone looked at me) when I read that, TS

Comment

I think you should be grateful TS, that dear hubby cared enough to try and help. So it didn't quite go to plan, its got to be worth a cuppa tea for trying.

My missus says I'm very trying, she makes a list and I try my best to avoid it...
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I done it !

2, 3 & 5 show the different levels I made out of scraps ~ so they have a choice of places to play or sleep.

photo 4 shows the very low-tech way I attached the wheels: by threading the axle through 2 bits of two-be-two. I haven't shown a close up of my very poor drilling

Thanks to all for your help, Grapes to the rescue once again
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 08-10-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Well done you.

Comment

Ace!

I've always said the right Man for the job is a Woman!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

well done TS,nothing like spuring you on,when another makes a foul up,plus the imense satisfaction,when you done it,YES,one for the female's
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

... and I realised why I find DiY so difficult: all the tools are too big for my (delicate, feminine) hands. I can't even change the battery pack on the drill, because my hand won't span it in order to click the release buttons

Comment

I have the same problem with the battery pack on the strimmer. I have to get Kath to do it for me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X